Leeds United Away kit 2013/14

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Leeds United Away kit 2013/14

Post by Sheepy »

Its a bit like this one from 86/87:

But worse
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by The Johnson »

Bogdan wrote: What's actually modern about it though?
It's modern because it was designed in the present, about as modern as it can be! I didn't mean it as a style or anything, just that it is a 2013 version of the Leeds United away kit. Which is modern!
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

davidbattyspants wrote:I like it..... :shifty:

Isn't it a bit close to the home kit though?
The pale gold looks almost white in the pictures, but will have to see how close it is IRL. Now that the home strip has the Regal cigs branding its not that close :twisted:
MrBones1986
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by MrBones1986 »

I'm not gonna lie I actually like this could be worse. We could glow in the dark! :crazy:

The 'Time to Shine' slogan is abit cheesey tho! :roll:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Pecky10 wrote:It's the collar and front gold panel which I think are the worst things - the front looks like they're wearing an apron or something. With apologies for the crude photoshop, if the panel and collar were slightly better, it wouldn't be so bad...

I mean, not fantastic but less awful :D
Looks ok to me, in the sunshine it should look even better. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Someone on twitter says its looks better in the flesh. It must be great, twitter is never wrong :silent:
greatwhiteshark
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by greatwhiteshark »

I concur with the previous negative remarks about Macron. When the day eventually comes that we sever ties with that joke of an italian shirt manufacturer I will rejoice and loudly sing

The away shirt should be yellow. Every year we demand it and are ignored! :x

:wave: YouTube link fixed. :thumbup:
Jeje-58
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Jeje-58 »

I can't say I don't like this new away kit, I agree it's quite regrettable not to see the yellow but it's a decent shirt in my opinion.
I will order it.
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

have to say the shirt looks better in person, may have to get myself one , 43 quid though does Bates work for Macron now.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

An observation after seeing it on Saturday - it's not a great kit from the players' point of view; it's not a shirt that stands out on the pitch :thumbdown:

Players at this level are (or should be ;) ) making passes based mostly on where their colleagues ought to be on the pitch for that move, maybe relying on their peripheral vision to check they are there, esp on a quick break; that kit does not stand out at all - on Saturday it looked like FCN had more players on the pitch, just because you could see their red shirts against the backdrop of the pitch / stadium - that shirt does not do that at all, it blends in to everything; from a professional point of view, it's terrible. The club has introduced a beige shirt because they reckon yellow ones don't sell very well but a shirt which could cost us points in the end; as much as I wouldn't buy a day-glo orange shirt, if it meant our players could see one another on the pitch and it resulted in the extra 10 points that got us promoted, I'd be happy and the club would be a whole lot better off financially than selling a few thousand shirts. If they're not going to listen to the fans, then they have to listen to the manager and players instead!!

This does nothing for anyone and I've yet to see anyone that I can say looks good in that colour, kids included. Time to shine? Won't be on or off the pitch with that effort :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: