Radrizzani's recruitments

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Radrizzani's recruitments

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I would prefer to own the ground now too.

I know we could splurge the money on the squad but there's no guarantees with that.
At least with the purchase of Elland Road we can start laying foundations for the future.
There's business opportunities to be had from owning the stadium too, so it's a mid- to long-term view that shows AR in a good light for me.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:It seems to me to be a clever exercise by Radrizzani & co to keep a few plates spinning at the same time. Buying the ground not only is financially sensible but it's something lots of fans have wanted for ages, probably spiced up by the lies surrounding buying the ground since Bates' days. Radrizzani looks to have acted rather than just spouted about the purchase. And we have signed some players as well :D with I hope more to come.

GTKO, I think there is a set price on the rental costs so promotion wouldn't affect that until that agreement date has passed - I'm probably wrong but 2021 seems to ring a bell. ISR knows tons more about all of this than me.
Yup, the price of the ground is "fixed" but increase at 3% per annum each November. Price is currently £17.2m. The lease runs through til 2029.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

dlw10 wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:It seems to me to be a clever exercise by Radrizzani & co to keep a few plates spinning at the same time. Buying the ground not only is financially sensible but it's something lots of fans have wanted for ages, probably spiced up by the lies surrounding buying the ground since Bates' days. Radrizzani looks to have acted rather than just spouted about the purchase. And we have signed some players as well :D with I hope more to come.

GTKO, I think there is a set price on the rental costs so promotion wouldn't affect that until that agreement date has passed - I'm probably wrong but 2021 seems to ring a bell. ISR knows tons more about all of this than me.
Yup, the price of the ground is "fixed" but increase at 3% per annum each November. Price is currently £17.2m. The lease runs through til 2029.
Cheers DLW.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

With the above information there is no immediate need to purchase the ground unless those funds are ring-fenced and do not detract form our transfer budget.

We badly need to invest in the squad. It has been underfunded for over 10 years now.

Get on track for promotion and then we can re-purchase ER.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

There is need to buy the ground as soon as is prudent, just on financial common sense grounds, any good businessman in football will have separate budgets. As was said earlier, rental for 'our' stadium is dead money so buying it is the sensible thing to do, and player recruitment is the sensible thing to do for the squad and it certainly seems like that is also a priority.

All good from where I'm looking so far :)
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Mario Krawatte @Mario_GCC

VVV Venlo assistant coach Toshiya Fujita to work for Leeds United as Head of Football Development (Asia)

http://the72.co.uk/88137/leeds-united-s ... pointment/
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Good move that. Promoting the club in Asia will bring in more money to the club.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Aye.
Laying foundations for the future everywhere you look at the moment.

It's all good.

I am LOVING Rad :)
mis
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by mis »

Its a good move Rad.. He is very respectable businessman over here at Singapore.. Cool to know he is targeting this part of the world now especially asia :)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

mis wrote:Its a good move Rad.. He is very respectable businessman over here at Singapore.. Cool to know he is targeting this part of the world now especially asia :)
mis, I was in Singapore from 1955 - 1957. Tyersall Park camp. It was on the opposite side of Tyersall Park Avenue to Botanical Gardens. I know that its no longer there. My daughter worked in Singapore for 4 years up to last year. Lots of happy memories of Singapore. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.