Monk to stay?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Monk to stay?

Post by DominanceUK »

Costy wrote:Suppose it gives the new owner and Monk time to assess each other without being tied down long term. Wish my wife and I had done the same thing ;)
Haha, just make sure you don't leave this page open so your wife doesn't see it!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

DominanceUK wrote: Haha, just make sure you don't leave this page open so your wife doesn't see it!
You know that's a double negative, right ??
Or should that be nagative ?? :D
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

rigger wrote:
DominanceUK wrote: Haha, just make sure you don't leave this page open so your wife doesn't see it!
You know that's a double negative, right ??
Or should that be nagative ?? :D
Doh! I've been on nights, I have an excuse, albeit a poor one :P
Rich1971
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Rich1971 »

Well,
Andrea has taken full control according to Sky Sports.
We should see the parts of the jigsaw starting to fall into place!
Beginning with Monks confirmation hopefully!
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

BBC football website just confirmed the takeover gone through:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40021074
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Costy wrote:Don't know how to put a picture in here but I've just been sent a screenshot of a tweet from sky sports news HQ saying Leeds have exercised their right to extend Monk's deal by a further 12 months. Not saying it's definitely genuine.
Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP
Replying to @Kella1974 and @APOPEY
the clause hasn't been activated yet. My understanding is that Monk is reluctant to accept 12 months - wants a longer deal.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Costy wrote:Suppose it gives the new owner and Monk time to assess each other without being tied down long term. Wish my wife and I had done the same thing ;)
Tired of living John?
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
moozif
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by moozif »

This comment made my day, although I'm not obligated to a woman my excuse is Leeds United give me the drama :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

MOT1964 wrote:
Costy wrote:Don't know how to put a picture in here but I've just been sent a screenshot of a tweet from sky sports news HQ saying Leeds have exercised their right to extend Monk's deal by a further 12 months. Not saying it's definitely genuine.
Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP
the clause hasn't been activated yet. My understanding is that Monk is reluctant to accept 12 months - wants a longer deal.
To be fair we need to offer GM a longer deal, can't expect loyalty from him alone it needs to be two way.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

Selby White wrote:
MOT1964 wrote:
Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP
To be fair we need to offer GM a longer deal, can't expect loyalty from him alone it needs to be two way.
This is what I was on about yesterday, obviously Radrizzani had the takeover complete yesterday so why not offer GM a longer deal rather than just exercising the 12 months? Absolutely barmy IMO. I'm excited but at the same time very skeptical. The next couple of weeks should give us more insight as to what to expect over the summer. On another note, over 15,000 season tickets sold for next season :)