EFL Digital Platform

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: EFL Digital Platform

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
rigger wrote:Read the first post again, mate :)
TBH I was more asking for other posters - unless I'm mistaken (entirely possible of course), I think some have misread it :thumbup:

Not sure, really - you could be right, but at the same time they might (quite understandably) interpret the club's official response as saying we'll soon be offering our own service instead, presumably with similar features.

I don't hold much truck with subscribing to official team channels, so am I right in thinking LUTV is only available for those in the UK ??
Seems a bit daft if that's the case - surely the bigger market would be overseas ex-pats who follow the club ?
Or would that open the door to illegal streaming ?

(like you can close it anyway .. )

I've got a mate who supports Chelsea and whenever I go round there, invariably he's got their channel on in the background.
To be fair to them, it's very slick and shows most of the age group matches and when you've got the kind of youngsters they have it's actually really entertaining. That's why I've had half an eye on Solanke, Abraham and co for a while now - they're bloody good players who'd walk into every team in our division and most in the top tier too.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Gutted. I was looking forward to streaming every game. :(
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Gutted. I was looking forward to streaming every game. :(
i think it will still happen, just not as part of the Shaun Harvey Initiative Televised English Streams.

You all know tons more about this than me (because I CBA reading up on it for one thing) but two things I think need remembering particularly about Radrizzani, that he's a premier league businessman and has vast experience in TV rights etc. I think we'll be on telly a lot next season, put it that way :D

ps but I do not know for sure!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Gutted. I was looking forward to streaming every game. :(
i think it will still happen, just not as part of the Shaun Harvey Initiative Televised English Streams.

You all know tons more about this than me (because I CBA reading up on it for one thing) but two things I think need remembering particularly about Radrizzani, that he's a premier league businessman and has vast experience in TV rights etc. I think we'll be on telly a lot next season, put it that way :D

ps but I do not know for sure!
I see what you did there :lol: :thumbup:

We already are on telly a lot because we're the biggest club outside the EPL.

I think that if the current laws allow us, we could actually make quite a groundbreaking move by going it alone.
TV is one thing, but streaming and online within both domestic and ROW markets are still developing and by taking a stance we're immediately declaring that we see ourselves as a big club (we are) and that we think we should be able to command our own audience (we can).
I'm now thinking of the deals Real and Barca have, compared to the rest of La Liga.
I know we're way off that, but it's a step in the right direction for me.
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

kk_white wrote:......Because of the EFL’s domestic rights deals, fans in the UK and Ireland will not be able to watch live games via the digital platform but will have access to audio commentary, highlights packages and other video"
I suspect this will be a temporary, short term restriction - until the current broadcasting deal runs out anyway.
kk_white wrote:......Because of domestic rights, fans in Ireland will not have access to live games.... Eh, are we not overseas?
I can see that being a small part of the reason why LUFC aren't involved in this platform. The club most know they could rake it in from those of us across the water.
Deleted User 3289

What next no Kodi boxes? What happened to being able to share purchased content. I have a dream... that our ex pat Leeds fans living around the world, will be able to stream live games back to us Leeds fans here in England free of charge without fear of recrimination! (Not just afew games, I WANT THEM ALL) :D

Football could once again be a game accessible for the working classes....
Last edited by Deleted User 3289 on 10 May 2017, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
moozif
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by moozif »

I always check for a visual stream when where on and no because i'm too cheap to buy an overseas package or whatever haha, but just because I love the club and always will do. I'd even watch us if we did a Rotherham this year and got barely any points.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I'm a good old fashioned stream thief but if it came down to depriving our club of revenue then I'd feel less happy about it. I don't mind not paying Sky and with films we only watch movies on Kodi that we wouldn't go to the cinema to see and wouldn't ever buy the DVD etc. Proper hypocrite me in a way but I'm just a prole :P
Deleted User 3289

Another Northern Soul wrote:I'm a good old fashioned stream thief but if it came down to depriving our club of revenue then I'd feel less happy about it. I don't mind not paying Sky and with films we only watch movies on Kodi that we wouldn't go to the cinema to see and wouldn't ever buy the DVD etc. Proper hypocrite me in a way but I'm just a prole :P
Justifiably acceptable that. :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

''LUTV CHANGES – LIVE STREAM AVAILABLE OUTSIDE UK & EIRE''
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-n ... -streaming
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay