2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Selby White »

white viz wrote:I agree Gilford when I played I was always told catch the ball whenever I could, only punch when challenged in the air such as corners unless you were built like Joe Corrigan of Man City or Dave Beasant of Wimbledon then you caught it and took everybody out with it even your own defenders.This in mind gave the defenders especially the CH's the confidence to leave you to claim it.
Was told the same myself but coaching has changed and apparently statistics so I'm told be a mate who did a coaching course show its safer (costs less goals i assume) if the keepers punch rather than try to claim it in a crowded area.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

lufctrav wrote:Jack Clarke has signed a professional deal at the club.
Big striker i think
Should be able to sniff a goal out and put the CB in his little black book!!
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

rss1969 wrote:
lufctrav wrote:Jack Clarke has signed a professional deal at the club.
Big striker i think
Should be able to sniff a goal out and put the CB in his little black book!!
I see what you did there Mr rss1969. :clap: :thumbup: :D
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

Selby White wrote:
white viz wrote:I agree Gilford when I played I was always told catch the ball whenever I could, only punch when challenged in the air such as corners unless you were built like Joe Corrigan of Man City or Dave Beasant of Wimbledon then you caught it and took everybody out with it even your own defenders.This in mind gave the defenders especially the CH's the confidence to leave you to claim it.
Was told the same myself but coaching has changed and apparently statistics so I'm told be a mate who did a coaching course show its safer (costs less goals i assume) if the keepers punch rather than try to claim it in a crowded area.
That's interesting. Must go an Google the stats somewhere.
I'm convinced they are told to punch. From memory the ball seemed to go to opposition more than us, but maybe that the ones I remembered more.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

JANUARY WINDOW ?

It's only round the corner and I was reading a piece in today's Guardian about potential loans from EPL clubs.
We were linked with Burnley's Nahki Wells and Brighton winger, Jamie Murphy. I know nothing about the latter, but the former would be an interesting signing, given he always did pretty well against us in the past.

I would actually love us to sign another player listed, namely Chelsea's Baba Rahman. He's a supercharged left back who's not really been given a chance to shine yet, but ripped it up in the Bundesliga a couple of years ago, like a latter day Roberto Carlos.
Muhamed Bešić is another one who rarely gets any game time. Holding midfielder from Everton, he'd be a class above in this division; likewise, Jack Colback at Newcastle.

Any more for any more ??
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Linked with a centre back from sporting in Portugal for 3mill
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Daz5 wrote:Linked with a centre back from sporting in Portugal for 3mill
Tobias Figureido 23 year old, 6'2".
Played for Portugal numerous times at every age group from under 15's to under 23's.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

I can't say that link excites me. Even cheapish players cost a lot of money. The money spent on Sacko was a waste. Maybe this guy is good, but I think we need less speculative purchases.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

rigger wrote:JANUARY WINDOW ?

It's only round the corner and I was reading a piece in today's Guardian about potential loans from EPL clubs.
We were linked with Burnley's Nahki Wells and Brighton winger, Jamie Murphy. I know nothing about the latter, but the former would be an interesting signing, given he always did pretty well against us in the past.

I would actually love us to sign another player listed, namely Chelsea's Baba Rahman. He's a supercharged left back who's not really been given a chance to shine yet, but ripped it up in the Bundesliga a couple of years ago, like a latter day Roberto Carlos.
Muhamed Bešić is another one who rarely gets any game time. Holding midfielder from Everton, he'd be a class above in this division; likewise, Jack Colback at Newcastle.

Any more for any more ??
Danny Ings for me.
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

I would guess Ings will end up at another premier league team ,