2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by rss1969 »

I think that quality loans are vital at our level now.

We could sign Bartley, get a new left back with the CT money and a decent winger for once.

On loan, Mooy, Izzy Brown & Abraham..............they are not going to be in Chelsea or City's team next season.

Just examples above but most championship clubs better players this season have been loanees.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

If we are truly serious about going up firstly we need to sign Bartley. Secondly a decent a up and coming left back. I think we will get Ashley fletcher in. Now for the big signings. Jamie Milner - allegedly he wants to play for us before packing in - well we don't want him when he's past it.... he needs to do a Keegan/Strachey/Bellamy/downing. Give him a £2m bonus if we go up. Would love to sign Mooey if only to destroy the Dogs. However we need two decent wide men with pace who will score in excess of 10 goals and this level.... a la snodgrass and gravel. Finally I think we will sign the lad Lawrence from Leicester... we desperately need goals from midfield.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Bartley + 3rd CB.
LB (I wouldn't mind Denton getting a chance either)
Box to box midfielder
Experienced midfielder (Leadbitter maybe)
3 Wingers (Wouldnt mind Pedraza coming back for a season/Gradel available to leave Bournemouth)
AM (Izzy Brown/Tom Lawrence on loan)
2nd Striker (Tomer Hemed maybe)

Out: Silvestri, Diagouraga, Taylor, Murphy, Dallas, Cooper, Bellusci, Erwin, Botaka, Antonsson plus loanees.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I love reading some of the names being bandied about in here.

Gravel ?? Do you mean Steve Stone ?? I think he's retired ;)

I cannot see Milner coming here for at least another two years. He's got loads left to offer and he looks after himself so he'll probably play till he's in to his mid-late 30s.

I think the retained lists and expired contract section on transfermarkt.com in a couple of weeks will help show who we can realistically target.
At the moment it's all guesswork ..
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Leonickroberts wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Come on now, boys and girls, is it really a transfer window and a new summer until I've posted a transfer wishlist? Well here comes the big, long awaited moment!

Okay then, so what do we need?
Centre back x3 - Pontus Jansson (£3.5m), Kyle Bartley (c. £2m), Ryan Bennett (Free)
Left back x1 - Luke Garbutt (c. £1.5m)
Central midfielder x1 - Jonny Howson (c. £3-4m)
Wingers/Attacking midfielders x3 - Jota (c. £2m), Sheyi Ojo (loan), Hadi Sacko (c. £1-2m)
Striker x 1 - Danny Ward (c. £1.5m)

Out: Ross Turnbull, Marco Silvestri, Liam Cooper, Giuseppe Bellusci, Charlie Taylor, Toumani Diagouraga, Luke Murphy, Jordan Botaka, Stuart Dallas, Lee Erwin, Marcus Antonsson

------------------Green----------------
Ayling---Bartley---Jansson---Garbutt
--Jota---Howson---Vieira-----Ojo--
------------------Roofe
------------------Wood

Subs: Peacock-Farrell, Berardi, Bennett, Phillips, Hernandez, Doukara, Ward
I'd agree with almost all of this, but I'd probably hold on to Dallas as a wide playing workhorse (widehorse?), and I'm not yet convinced by Danny Ward (isn't he out of contract at the end of the season anyway, so would be available on a free?). Matej Vydra would be nice, and it's looking increasingly likely Dominic Solanke will need to leave Chelsea and drop down to get first team football, so I'd like to see him in a white shirt (see John Swift for former Chelsea players showing how good they are in the Championship).

Oh, and lest we forget, Zlatan's out of contract in the summer. ;)
Right you are, Ward is :).
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

rss1969 wrote:.......We could sign Bartley, get a new left back with the CT money and a decent winger for once......
Anyone got any examples of what kind of money we'd get as compensation for Taylor?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

kk_white wrote:
rss1969 wrote:.......We could sign Bartley, get a new left back with the CT money and a decent winger for once......
Anyone got any examples of what kind of money we'd get as compensation for Taylor?
Doesn't look like there is a set formula pal, according to this anyway.......

http://www.ramsdens.co.uk/blogs/ramsden ... s_under_24
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Probably right about Milner. Interestingly, he's now the same age as when Strachan signed for us. First and foremost he'd need to be surplus to requirements at Liverpool. Secondly, he wouldn't do it for a £2m promotion bonus, he's on £6m a year reportedly, but the opportunity to become folklore in his home city and for his team...
Deleted User 4067

Post by Deleted User 4067 »

isrodger wrote:If we are truly serious about going up firstly we need to sign Bartley. Secondly a decent a up and coming left back. I think we will get Ashley fletcher in. Now for the big signings. Jamie Milner - allegedly he wants to play for us before packing in - well we don't want him when he's past it.... he needs to do a Keegan/Strachey/Bellamy/downing. Give him a £2m bonus if we go up. Would love to sign Mooey if only to destroy the Dogs. However we need two decent wide men with pace who will score in excess of 10 goals and this level.... a la snodgrass and gravel. Finally I think we will sign the lad Lawrence from Leicester... we desperately need goals from midfield.
What you said :clap: :clap: :clap:
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Leicester White wrote:Probably right about Milner. Interestingly, he's now the same age as when Strachan signed for us. First and foremost he'd need to be surplus to requirements at Liverpool. Secondly, he wouldn't do it for a £2m promotion bonus, he's on £6m a year reportedly, but the opportunity to become folklore in his home city and for his team...
He may be ... it just depends how much he wants to play for Leeds. Is he a proper player with loyalty to his home town club like Craig belllemy or just another mercenary soccer player. We will see.