2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by new signing »

Being an aussie i'll throw a couple of names in the mix that may be worth considering and would be available

Mat Ryan - Goal keeper currently on the books of Valencia, loaned out to Genk and killing it once again. Internationally we have a lot of important games coming up so he'll want to be playing. I think he would again be available on loan from Valencia

Trent Sainsbury - Centre back, classy ball playing type but also good defensively and quick over the turf. Currently riding the pine at inter milan. Has been cashing in, in china so he wage demands might be a step too far for us unless we got him on loan

Tom Rogic - I'd love to sign Tommy but i think his transfer fee would make it impossible for us but he'd certainly offer the creativity and give us 5-10 goals a season

Mark Milligan - Versatile player that can play anywhere across the back four but really performs as a holding midfielder with a great passing range. Currently a free agent and really worth a look

Jamie Maclaren - Formerly of blackburn. Has helped himself to 20+ goals in the last two A league seasons. Is mobile and can finish. Currently looking for a new club following the completion of his contract with Brisbane. Offers a very different type of striker to wood and could also play with wood

Gersbach - fantastic potential, playing pretty much every week at left back for rosenborg. Very much in the mould of charlie taylor

Jackson Irvine - the brewers player of the season. Would give us the goals from midfield as a box to box midfielder. Also solid defensively. Wouldnt come cheap though

They're just a couple of australian players i really think could be of use to us next season for our promotion push
new signing

Post by new signing »

One that i forgot was Mathew Leckie who can play either wide or up front. He's a big physical lad with extreme pace. His finishing needs work but he'd probably come cheap given inglostadt are about to be relegated in Germany
saihtam

Post by saihtam »

new signing wrote:
Jackson Irvine - the brewers player of the season. Would give us the goals from midfield as a box to box midfielder. Also solid defensively. Wouldnt come cheap though
Would be amazing and top priority for me to get him.
Only downside might be the value of him and that we would buy him from Burton Albion, team that has done amazing job staying up.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I believe once the club shows some stability then top clubs will loan us their youngsters. No one was ever going to let us have anyone whilst Cellino was here as he was such a loose cannon. Get Monk on a decent contract & that should start the proverbial ball rolling.
Winner of the Europa League
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I believe once the club shows some stability then top clubs will loan us their youngsters. No one was ever going to let us have anyone whilst Cellino was here as he was such a loose cannon. Get Monk on a decent contract & that should start the proverbial ball rolling.
I don't think it's that simple... it all boils down to money and Cellino s sensible stance of invariably insisting on a option to buy.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

saihtam wrote:
new signing wrote:
Would be amazing and top priority for me to get him.
Only downside might be the value of him and that we would buy him from Burton Albion, team that has done amazing job staying up.
I really rate Irvine, but is he the type of player we need in the middle? For me he's a (much) better Luke Murphy - best sitting deep, with occasional forward runs. What we need is somebody to sit in front of Vieira/Bridcutt who can create attacks out of nothing with incisive passing, control the tempo with neat passing, and drive forward/score goals regularly. What we need is a Lewis Cook, Tom Cairney, Will Huhges, or (the only one who's a feasible signing) Jonny Howson.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

new signing wrote:One that i forgot was Mathew Leckie who can play either wide or up front. He's a big physical lad with extreme pace. His finishing needs work but he'd probably come cheap given inglostadt are about to be relegated in Germany
Big admirer of Leckie actually - love his power and pace.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
mtsi5630
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by mtsi5630 »

SiMamu wrote:
new signing wrote:One that i forgot was Mathew Leckie who can play either wide or up front. He's a big physical lad with extreme pace. His finishing needs work but he'd probably come cheap given inglostadt are about to be relegated in Germany
Big admirer of Leckie actually - love his power and pace.
Leckie no way. He's worse than Hadi Sacko in terms of geointo good positions and then completely fluffing the final ball.
mtsi5630
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by mtsi5630 »

new signing wrote:Being an aussie i'll throw a couple of names in the mix that may be worth considering and would be available

Mat Ryan - Goal keeper currently on the books of Valencia, loaned out to Genk and killing it once again. Internationally we have a lot of important games coming up so he'll want to be playing. I think he would again be available on loan from Valencia

Trent Sainsbury - Centre back, classy ball playing type but also good defensively and quick over the turf. Currently riding the pine at inter milan. Has been cashing in, in china so he wage demands might be a step too far for us unless we got him on loan

Tom Rogic - I'd love to sign Tommy but i think his transfer fee would make it impossible for us but he'd certainly offer the creativity and give us 5-10 goals a season

Mark Milligan - Versatile player that can play anywhere across the back four but really performs as a holding midfielder with a great passing range. Currently a free agent and really worth a look

Jamie Maclaren - Formerly of blackburn. Has helped himself to 20+ goals in the last two A league seasons. Is mobile and can finish. Currently looking for a new club following the completion of his contract with Brisbane. Offers a very different type of striker to wood and could also play with wood

Gersbach - fantastic potential, playing pretty much every week at left back for rosenborg. Very much in the mould of charlie taylor

They're just a couple of australian players i really think could be of use to us next season for our promotion push
Sainsbury would do well. Has a lot of composure and would easily slot in beside either Bartley or Jansson.

Gersbach seems to have grown as a player after impressing with Sydney FC. He loves getting forward and has good delivery
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."