2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SiMamu »

"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Bad news, that. Reckon there'll need to be a hefty fee involved to prise him away...
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 4067

Post by Deleted User 4067 »

A hammer blow of epic proportions!
could prove a good test of Radrizzani's ambition i fancy - let him go without a fight and my previous optimism will disappear quicker than a Redknapp brown envelope gets trousered at Watford Gap services.
Last edited by Deleted User 4067 on 11 May 2017, 14:56, edited 3 times in total.
Sechwa
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sechwa »

Looking like we may need two new CBs come Summer. Any thoughts?
Leeds United researcher at Football Manager
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

He's listed at less than a mil on TM but I don't think that matters much.

Charlie Taylor's listed at £4.25m, while Pontus is £2.13m :wave:

It's boils down to compromise between the two clubs.
Clement's doing the right thing for Swansea because he's basically saying "It's gonna cost you" same as we are to anyone who comes in for Taylor, Jansson or anyone else we actually value.

One key factor is his salary.
If he was one of their highest earners the price would be less to get him off the wage bill, but I'm guessing he's not on much more than £20k/wk as he was only ever a back-up and never a first team regular.
That means he'll probably cost the same sort of money as we'll get for Taylor (£3m + add-ons I would imagine) and that's a deal most Leeds fans would take right now, isn't it ?
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

As mentioned before, this is the problem with relying on loan signings... You could end up spending the entire transfer budget on just keeping players already at the club, meaning no improvement to the squad at all.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Sechwa
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sechwa »

rigger wrote:Image

He's listed at less than a mil on TM but I don't think that matters much.

Charlie Taylor's listed at £4.25m, while Pontus is £2.13m :wave:

It's boils down to compromise between the two clubs.
Clement's doing the right thing for Swansea because he's basically saying "It's gonna cost you" same as we are to anyone who comes in for Taylor, Jansson or anyone else we actually value.

One key factor is his salary.
If he was one of their highest earners the price would be less to get him off the wage bill, but I'm guessing he's not on much more than £20k/wk as he was only ever a back-up and never a first team regular.
That means he'll probably cost the same sort of money as we'll get for Taylor (£3m + add-ons I would imagine) and that's a deal most Leeds fans would take right now, isn't it ?
Transfer Market is usually only reliable after the fact unfortunately. Their valuations of players that are yet to move are often wildly inaccurate.
Leeds United researcher at Football Manager
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

What's Clement actually said? Season's not over yet, if they stay up is he saying he wants KB back even though the club thought him not good enough before? Money talks and if we are in the money then we will be able to buy him.

ps anyone actually been to Swansea? I think here is much more pleasant :P
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

kk_white wrote:As mentioned before, this is the problem with relying on loan signings... You could end up spending the entire transfer budget on just keeping players already at the club, meaning no improvement to the squad at all.
But you have to spend money anyway, loan or not. At least we know he's the real deal. It will be a great shame to lose him.
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Another Northern Soul wrote:ps anyone actually been to Swansea? I think here is much more pleasant :P
Whilst there is no finer place than God's own county, Swansea is a city in a fantastic location, and on the doorstep of some marvelous countryside and beaches. Unfortunately.