2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
simon wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
SG90 wrote:Maybe I'm biased and getting carried away, but I don't see two teams with better squads than us, let alone six. The likes of Villa, Boro, Wendies, Norwich, Derby, Sunderland, Brentford were all hyped up, but don't look better than us.
Someone, on twitter, has put together the squad in their respective positions on a pitch background and I have to say, overall, the squad does look very impressive. The strength in depth is fantastic.
You have a link? not seen that.
https://twitter.com/SouthStand_LUFC?ref ... r%5Eauthor

I think I've seen what BB is on about and I agree, our squad looks good. Open the link and scroll down and you will see it pal.
Yes, that's it Dominance, thanks pal :thumbup:
Nps pal :)
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

White Knight wrote:
SG90 wrote:Maybe I'm biased and getting carried away, but I don't see two teams with better squads than us, let alone six. The likes of Villa, Boro, Wendies, Norwich, Derby, Sunderland, Brentford were all hyped up, but don't look better than us.
Yeah, but what about Cardiff and Ipswich :shock:
I think it's fair to say that there's always a team in most leagues that get a good start that most people wouldn't think they would. I do handicap betting and did a bit of research in to most teams in England and Cardiff were among a lot of people's opinions has being a dark horse. They don't have the depth in their squad IMO and let's be honest the Championship is an unforgiving league, it's physically demanding which results in suspensions and injuries.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

White Knight wrote:
Fair play to them if they both get top 6, but there's no one in their teams who I'd want us to sign.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Well what a pre-season this has been, I know it has been said but the squad now looks pretty strong and I am enjoying TC`s tactics especially the recent Forest game, when they did managed a period of pressure we slowed the play down to turn the possession round in our favour, going forward is so exiting to watch, long may this continue.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

SG90 wrote:
White Knight wrote:
Fair play to them if they both get top 6, but there's no one in their teams who I'd want us to sign.
To be honest I was joking - although Cardiff could be an outside bet for top six. I would agree with you that they just don't have anyone that would improve us at this stage.

Everyone we have now is geared to the TC's game strategy. He wants creative, technically strong, flexible and hard working team players. Looks like he pretty much has what he wants now. :thumbup:

Can't wait for the next game.
simon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by simon »

DominanceUK wrote:
simon wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Someone, on twitter, has put together the squad in their respective positions on a pitch background and I have to say, overall, the squad does look very impressive. The strength in depth is fantastic.
You have a link? not seen that.
https://twitter.com/SouthStand_LUFC?ref ... r%5Eauthor

I think I've seen what BB is on about and I agree, our squad looks good. Open the link and scroll down and you will see it pal.
Thanks mate..

I know we have a good squad, but seeing it all laid out like that is pretty impressive actually! should keep any doubters quiet!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

should keep any doubters quiet!
Bet it doesn't.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

It's getting pretty late, but I think the club would've said if we'd concluded our business already.
simon

Post by simon »

Sat here watching deadline day on sky, and was just thinking the same! maybe we are trying to finalise one more deal?
simon

Post by simon »

Very quiet on here tonight! many content Leeds fans tucked up in bed? :D