2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
isrodger wrote:Observation.... do you think we would be in the top two with Green, Taylor, Bartley & Wood in the team ..... 3 out 4 are possibly available .......
Yes we would but so what? Which 3?

Green wanted to leave, Wood obviously too, Taylor wouldn't come back because he would get criticized to hell by some of our fans and Bartley is injured isn't he?
Didn’t green want to leave as a result of being relegated to being the stand in. Bartleys close to a comeback.Taylor you might be right.

Personally would love to see us try to unsettle Stockdale... would have been a great acquisition in the summer. We certainly need a keeper ad the priority... but direct replacements for those four are required if we are to progress.

No mate, Green felt he couldn't commit to being number 1 due to his studying Law in Leeds and not wanting to travel to virtually any away games as it would disrupt his studies. Now I do know how dubious that sounds but it is genuinely what is supposed have happened, and I'm told that if you check out Hudders away games he has hardly been on the bench. Swansea didn't want Bartley to leave so that's not really relevant either, with respect ;) , and Stockdale made no secret of chasing the money by joining Brum which sounds to me like it would take a lot to unsettle him as well as a lot to pay him, rumoured to be on £30k a week or something. I agree that we need replacements, I was just querying your comment that 3 of those 4 names were 'possibles' :thumbup:
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

isrodger wrote:Observation.... do you think we would be in the top two with Green, Taylor, Bartley & Wood in the team ..... 3 out 4 are possibly available .......
Green 38 in January and made plenty of mistakes too, including a bad one v Newport, which everyone forgets.
Taylor left a bad taste in the mouth with his behaviour and thought he was bigger than Leeds, wouldn't want him back at all, he's made his bed.
Wood wanted to leave, and anyway we couldn't afford him and why would he want to come anyway? He's scoring goals in the PL.
Bartley made it clear he wanted to play only for Monk, so he'd be off to Boro if available, but he signed a new deal so Swansea would want about £15m for him anyway.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

SG90 wrote:
Green 38 in January and made plenty of mistakes too, including a bad one v Newport, which everyone forgets.
Taylor left a bad taste in the mouth with his behaviour and thought he was bigger than Leeds, wouldn't want him back at all, he's made his bed.
Wood wanted to leave, and anyway we couldn't afford him and why would he want to come anyway? He's scoring goals in the PL.
Bartley made it clear he wanted to play only for Monk, so he'd be off to Boro if available, but he signed a new deal so Swansea would want about £15m for him anyway.
One extreme to the other is this with respect to Green, he certainly did not make 'plenty' of mistakes in his Leeds career, he made 3 that I remember - away to QPR, at home to NUFC and in the League Cup this season v Newport. In the end, none of those mistakes proved costly as we were outplayed in the first two and we coasted the Newport game. He was, for many, our POTY last season and rightly so IMO.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

SG90 wrote:
One extreme to the other is this with respect to Green, he certainly did not make 'plenty' of mistakes in his Leeds career, he made 3 that I remember - away to QPR, at home to NUFC and in the League Cup this season v Newport. In the end, none of those mistakes proved costly as we were outplayed in the first two and we coasted the Newport game. He was, for many, our POTY last season and rightly so IMO.
I don't think he was Plonker of the Year. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

johnh wrote:
SG90 wrote:
He was in the running for that one, did you see the Newcastle bullock he dropped? :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
SG90 wrote:
He was in the running for that one, did you see the Newcastle bullock he dropped? :D
I didn't realise he was that strong ANS
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

;) :lol:
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Selby White wrote:
On paper based on last years performances yes.

Always a "but" in football and to play devils advocate I'll point out that a year earlier lots of fans thought we were mad signing Green, plenty of too old comments.
Lots of stick for Wood on here including a disgusting thread about "Plank of Wood", last seasons goals don't guarantee the same return this time.
I actually thught Taylors best season here was 15/16, thought he had gone off the boil last term.
Bartley though can't find a reason for not having him back, was my favorite player last year, wish we had signed him.

But it would still be a Yes, i would really expect all of them to do well its just football is a funny game and we need to trust those in charge.
I'd say no - purely on the basis that Wolves would still be top and Cardiff would still be second - they have outplayed most of the division in this first half.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Leeds United have agreed to sign Japan international midfielder Yosuke Ideguchi from Gamba Osaka. Will join in January for a deal worth £500k including add-ons. #lufc
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

MOT1964 wrote:Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Leeds United have agreed to sign Japan international midfielder Yosuke Ideguchi from Gamba Osaka. Will join in January for a deal worth £500k including add-ons. #lufc

Quick Google search I see he's only 21, how refreshing to not be signing aged journeymen. Not sure what he will bring to our side though.
Winner of the Europa League