2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay‏ @PhilHayYEP 1h
Monk confirmed that he would want to re-sign Kyle Bartley if he remains as head coach. Said Bartley has been a proper leader this season.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SiMamu wrote:
Phil Hay‏ @PhilHayYEP 1h
Monk confirmed that he would want to re-sign Kyle Bartley if he remains as head coach. Said Bartley has been a proper leader this season.
Please let that mean he'll be made captain and we let Bridcutt go.
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Sorry I am a bridcutt fan ..must stay and be captain ,part of the best defense we've had in years
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Come on now, boys and girls, is it really a transfer window and a new summer until I've posted a transfer wishlist? Well here comes the big, long awaited moment!

Okay then, so what do we need?
Centre back x3 - Pontus Jansson (£3.5m), Kyle Bartley (c. £2m), Ryan Bennett (Free)
Left back x1 - Luke Garbutt (c. £1.5m)
Central midfielder x1 - Jonny Howson (c. £3-4m)
Wingers/Attacking midfielders x3 - Jota (c. £2m), Sheyi Ojo (loan), Hadi Sacko (c. £1-2m)
Striker x 1 - Danny Ward (c. £1.5m)

Out: Ross Turnbull, Marco Silvestri, Liam Cooper, Giuseppe Bellusci, Charlie Taylor, Toumani Diagouraga, Luke Murphy, Jordan Botaka, Stuart Dallas, Lee Erwin, Marcus Antonsson

------------------Green----------------
Ayling---Bartley---Jansson---Garbutt
--Jota---Howson---Vieira-----Ojo--
------------------Roofe
------------------Wood

Subs: Peacock-Farrell, Berardi, Bennett, Phillips, Hernandez, Doukara, Ward
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

SiMamu wrote:Come on now, boys and girls, is it really a transfer window and a new summer until I've posted a transfer wishlist? Well here comes the big, long awaited moment!

Okay then, so what do we need?
Centre back x3 - Pontus Jansson (£3.5m), Kyle Bartley (c. £2m), Ryan Bennett (Free)
Left back x1 - Luke Garbutt (c. £1.5m)
Central midfielder x1 - Jonny Howson (c. £3-4m)
Wingers/Attacking midfielders x3 - Jota (c. £2m), Sheyi Ojo (loan), Hadi Sacko (c. £1-2m)
Striker x 1 - Danny Ward (c. £1.5m)

Out: Ross Turnbull, Marco Silvestri, Liam Cooper, Giuseppe Bellusci, Charlie Taylor, Toumani Diagouraga, Luke Murphy, Jordan Botaka, Stuart Dallas, Lee Erwin, Marcus Antonsson

------------------Green----------------
Ayling---Bartley---Jansson---Garbutt
--Jota---Howson---Vieira-----Ojo--
------------------Roofe
------------------Wood

Subs: Peacock-Farrell, Berardi, Bennett, Phillips, Hernandez, Doukara, Ward
I'd agree with almost all of this, but I'd probably hold on to Dallas as a wide playing workhorse (widehorse?), and I'm not yet convinced by Danny Ward (isn't he out of contract at the end of the season anyway, so would be available on a free?). Matej Vydra would be nice, and it's looking increasingly likely Dominic Solanke will need to leave Chelsea and drop down to get first team football, so I'd like to see him in a white shirt (see John Swift for former Chelsea players showing how good they are in the Championship).

Oh, and lest we forget, Zlatan's out of contract in the summer. ;)
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Leonickroberts wrote:Dominic Solanke will need to leave Chelsea and drop down to get first team football
He's on £40k/week so it ain't gonna be with us :crazy:

I could see him joining someone like Fulham or West Ham this summer ..
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:Dominic Solanke will need to leave Chelsea and drop down to get first team football
He's on £40k/week so it ain't gonna be with us :crazy:

I could see him joining someone like Fulham or West Ham this summer ..
Ouch, you're right - that's not going to happen.

It'll be interesting to see whether Ivan Bravo opens up any doors for loan players over the summer. We probably all agree that a decent transfer strategy has to balance experienced championship players with young quality (often on loan), but on the latter front it'd be great if we had a nice route into the Real backup teams (Castilla/RMB/u19s).
Deleted User 728

Leonickroberts wrote: ... it'd be great if we had a nice route into the Real backup teams
Yeah, that would be a step-up from Swansea reserves, wouldn't it ? :D
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote: ... it'd be great if we had a nice route into the Real backup teams
Yeah, that would be a step-up from Swansea reserves, wouldn't it ? :D
:D :D :D

I've always been a bit jealous of teams like Fulham (Chelsea), Reading (now Chelsea, previously Arsenal), Preston (Man U), or Wigan/Hudds (Man City) who have a really strong tie with a club higher up the pyramid that's mutually beneficial when it comes to loan players.

The bonds are formed for various reasons (the Steve Clarke/Mourinho link, for example, or just geographical proximity) but once they're in place being able to draw on top quality youth players almost at will is really valuable. Imagine how nice it'd be to know that in addition to all the players Si listed that we'll need to spend actual money on, we'd have another 3+ players from a top-4 Prem team who are only coming to us because they're on the brink of breaking into their first teams and need toughening up (so their quality isn't in doubt).
Deleted User 728

Maybe we can exploit the admiration Revie had for Real Madrid and become their feeder club ? :D