2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Shaughnessy I think, yet more good news.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Confirmed. Shaughnessy until 2021.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Austin91
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Austin91 »

Great News. Have been very impressed with him so far, even in the Bolton game when he gave the penalty away the rest of his performance looks composed. It seems we've been extremely fortunate that, despite failing to get a 'name' CB in the window, a great prospect seems to have fallen into our laps nicely.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Austin91 wrote:...a great prospect seems to have fallen into our laps nicely.
And almost by accident. Conor was originally a midfielder for Reading and Rep of Ireland youth teams. If during pre-season we had a glut of Center Back's and TC didn't need to look closely at his squad, he may have faded away as a failed midfielder. Every cloud has a silver lining, eh?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

kk_white wrote:
Austin91 wrote:...a great prospect seems to have fallen into our laps nicely.
And almost by accident. Conor was originally a midfielder for Reading and Rep of Ireland youth teams. If during pre-season we had a glut of Center Back's and TC didn't need to look closely at his squad, he may have faded away as a failed midfielder. Every cloud has a silver lining, eh?
that's got to be the quality of the training/development as well as the recognizing a young player's ability not necessarily in their preferred position? Loads of young players train as say a forward but end up being quality defenders, it's happened often here. Great to see - TBH Shaughnessy to me looks too big to be a midfielder :D
kk white

Post by kk white »

Another Northern Soul wrote:...Loads of young players train as say a forward but end up being quality defenders, it's happened often here...
With Gary Kelly as my favourite example :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

kk_white wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:...Loads of young players train as say a forward but end up being quality defenders, it's happened often here...
Yes, I knew that. Wasn't Ian Harte a centre-half at first too, with Gary up front? :D Reaney was a striker I think too.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Another piece of great news looks a good prospect. :thumbup:
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
kk_white wrote:
Yes, I knew that. Wasn't Ian Harte a centre-half at first too, with Gary up front? :D Reaney was a striker I think too.
My recollection is that Harte was originally a midfielder
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Austin91 wrote:Great News. Have been very impressed with him so far, even in the Bolton game when he gave the penalty away the rest of his performance looks composed. It seems we've been extremely fortunate that, despite failing to get a 'name' CB in the window, a great prospect seems to have fallen into our laps nicely.
Early on the preseason we thought it'd be Paudie O'Connor.

We tend to have a habit of unearthing a player when we need to. Byram for example, only got a look in originally because we hadn't closed a deal for Peltier yet.