2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by alwaysleeds »

For me I would like to see this squad for next season:

Goalkeepers:
Bailey Peacock-Farrell, Kamil Miazek, Will Huffer + one new experienced goalkeeper.

Fullbacks:
Luke Ayling, Lewie Coyle, Tyler Denton, Tom Pearce, Hugo Diaz, Bryce Hosannah, Matty Downing and Robbie Gotts. (We already have the quality needed)

Centrebacks:
Pontus Jansson, Conor Shaughnessy, Paudie O'Connor, Aapo Halme, Liam Kitching, Pascal Struijk + two new experienced centrebacks.

Midfielders:
Samuel Saiz, Adam Forshaw, Ronaldo Vieira, Kalvin Phillips, Mateusz Klich, Romario Vieira, Oriol Rey, Callum Nicell, Bobby Kamwa and Jordan Stevens. (We already have the quality needed)

Wingers:
Ezgjan Alioski, Pablo Hernandez, Stuart Dallas, Madger Gomes, Yosuke Ideguchi, Alejandro Machuca, Clarke Oduor and Ousama Siddiki. (We already have the quality needed)

Strikers:
Kemar Roofe, Tyler Roberts, Jerry Mbakogu, Mallik Wilks, Jack Clarke, Kun Temenuzhkov, Oliver Sarkic, Sam Dalby, Ryan Edmonson and Adrian Balboa. (We already have the quality needed)

This mean that these players are out: Andy Lonergan, Felix Wiedwald, Vurnon Anita, Gaetano Berardi, Laurens de Bock, Liam Cooper, Amadou Haidara, Matt Pennington, Quasim Bouy, Luke Murphy, Eunan O'Kane, Pawel Cibicki, Hadi Sacko, Marcus Antonsson, Caleb Ekuban, Jay-Roy Grot and Pierre-Michel Lasogga.

We only need three new players. I don't have any suggestion for a new goalkeeper. But the two centerbacks should be Kyle Bartley and Filip Helander.

Otherwise we already have most of the players we need among the young professionals. We just need to put down a better organisation - and be even better to pick out the best players for each game during the season. To me we ofter lack the final detail!

Each player have to at every moment know exactly what to do, always know where the teammates are on the field at every moment - and be much better to run to the right places without the ball. (Hope you know what I mean, with my bad English)
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Out: Lonergan, Berardi, Anita, Pennington, Sacko, O'Kane, Phillips, Murphy, Antonsson, Dallas. Vieira (Champ loan), Ekuban, Grot (League 1 loan).

In: GK (Gunn?), Helander, Lasogga, Charlie Adam, replacement for Pablo - Alex Gallar or Gonzalo Melero from Huesca, Diogo Goncalves (loan), Gary Hooper.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I'd keep Antonsson and give him a run next season, the spell at Blackburn looks as though its helped him adapt.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Apparently we want Yiadom from Barnsley. We already have Ayling, Coyle, Berardi and Anita in that position. Yet more waste of money on positions we don't need to strengthen.
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

Davycc wrote:I'd keep Antonsson and give him a run next season, the spell at Blackburn looks as though its helped him adapt.
I'd give him a run also.
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

SG90 wrote:Apparently we want Yiadom from Barnsley. We already have Ayling, Coyle, Berardi and Anita in that position. Yet more waste of money on positions we don't need to strengthen.

Barnsley mate, Barnsley.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Dubleeds wrote:
Davycc wrote:I'd keep Antonsson and give him a run next season, the spell at Blackburn looks as though its helped him adapt.
I'd give him a run also.
Disagree don't think he will make the grade, can leave for me.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SG90 wrote:Apparently we want Yiadom from Barnsley. We already have Ayling, Coyle, Berardi and Anita in that position. Yet more waste of money on positions we don't need to strengthen.
Where did you hear it ?, would doubt it's true probably just some Twitter type putting PH and Barnsley together to start a rumour.

Hope that's the case.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Selby White wrote:
Where did you hear it ?, would doubt it's true probably just some Twitter type putting PH and Barnsley together to start a rumour.

Hope that's the case.
Phil Hay. He was in the Championship team of the season last season.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Selby White wrote:

Hope that's the case.
It was in the YEP. https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ssion=true

Looks like quantity over quality again. :roll: What we need is a GK, partner for Pontus, steel in midfield, another winger and another striker. We already have 4 RBs with long contracts, plus I believe Coyle deserves a chance now. Why would he come back to sit in reserves?