2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 496

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 496 »

SG90 wrote:
Selby White wrote:
SG90 wrote:Apparently we want Yiadom from Barnsley. We already have Ayling, Coyle, Berardi and Anita in that position. Yet more waste of money on positions we don't need to strengthen.
Where did you hear it ?, would doubt it's true probably just some Twitter type putting PH and Barnsley together to start a rumour.

Hope that's the case.
It was in the YEP. https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ssion=true

Looks like quantity over quality again. :roll: What we need is a GK, partner for Pontus, steel in midfield, another winger and another striker. We already have 4 RBs with long contracts, plus I believe Coyle deserves a chance now. Why would he come back to sit in reserves?
Coyle definitely deserves a proper chance imo.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

TezzaWazzaBazza wrote:
Selby White wrote:
SG90 wrote:Apparently we want Yiadom from Barnsley. We already have Ayling, Coyle, Berardi and Anita in that position. Yet more waste of money on positions we don't need to strengthen.
Where did you hear it ?, would doubt it's true probably just some Twitter type putting PH and Barnsley together to start a rumour.

Hope that's the case.
Phil Hay. He was in the Championship team of the season last season.
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Leeds United eyeing the signing of Barnsley defender Andy Yiadom on a free transfer
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Just speculating, but if we signed Saiz, Jansson, Alioski, Lasogga, Forshaw, LB, CM, Helander, Snodgrass (loan) and the youth signings, we'd probably be top 6 now. Hope the club doesn't focus on positions we don't need, rather than signing quality where we do this summer.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Dubleeds wrote:
SG90 wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Hope that's the case.

Looks like quantity over quality again. :roll: What we need is a GK, partner for Pontus, steel in midfield, another winger and another striker. We already have 4 RBs with long contracts, plus I believe Coyle deserves a chance now. Why would he come back to sit in reserves?
Coyle definitely deserves a proper chance imo.
Cole does deserve a chance, but Yiadom is definitely quality by the sounds of it.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SG90 wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Hope that's the case.

Thanks, I'm behind with all the news as out the country so rely on it here.
Agree think Coyle should be ready.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

http://sportwitness.co.uk/head-now-engl ... land-road/
Not sure if it's true or just rumours, but this looks like exactly the same as what we've done last season. I'm willing to give a new signing the benefit of the doubt, but £4m is a lot of money (for us) to pay for a punt. I'd rather spend that on Helander and sort the defence out.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Not that I'd heard it previously from any reliable source but apparently 'everyone' knows that the club is hoping to persuade Hernandez to stay. The stuff about his pregnant wife and kid returning to Spain were true but Pablo does want to stay so they're trying to arrange it that he gets regular visits from family here next season.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

SG90 wrote:http://sportwitness.co.uk/head-now-engl ... land-road/
Not sure if it's true or just rumours, but this looks like exactly the same as what we've done last season. I'm willing to give a new signing the benefit of the doubt, but £4m is a lot of money (for us) to pay for a punt. I'd rather spend that on Helander and sort the defence out.
Weve done enough of these lower league foreign striker punts for a good while.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Daryl
@Dazelar29
Leeds are apparently in the process of completing a loan deal for Olympiakos' Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe.

Centre midfielder. Used to play for Norwich. #lufc

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/superle ... ssion=true
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Bringing in Olympiakos players ahead of Oscar Garcia joining, clearly.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."