2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Tyler Roberts faces an extended period out after picking up an ankle injury in training earlier this week
FFS.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Tyler Roberts faces an extended period out after picking up an ankle injury in training earlier this week
FFS.
He's cracked his shin
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
FFS.
He's cracked his shin
Jeez, broken tibia?? That's not the sort of injury a lightweight player normally gets (people saying he was too similar to Roofe) not that I know owt about TR though ;)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
FFS.
He's cracked his shin
Jeez, broken tibia?? That's not the sort of injury a lightweight player normally gets (people saying he was too similar to Roofe) not that I know owt about TR though ;)
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... -up-injury
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
FFS.
He's cracked his shin
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... -up-injury
I cracked my tibia playing 5-a-side in Sheffield a few years ago. Planted my foot in front of a guy whose team-mates nicknamed 'The Tower' when he was about to shoot. He promptly didn't have time to pull out, and promptly drove his foot through the back of my leg. I'm very much a lightweight player (by which I mean attacking player without a bloody clue how to defend or tackle), so could've been something similar for Roberts. Similar thing happened to James McCarthy a few weeks ago and the result was considerably worse (not one to watch if you're squeamish).

I was playing again within 5 weeks, so fingers crossed it's not too serious, and given this season is effectively over it's not a complete crisis, even if it is frustrating for both the player and the fans.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sounds very familiar. I experienced almost identical situations on several occasions. I played again in the next match each time. Oh! I forgot to mention, I was the one doing the kicking. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

We knew, John, we knew ;)
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

I think you're bang on there - fitness is the biggest factor in his increase in form. Also might be buying into what Leeds United is about a bit more... he seemed pretty fired up in moments against Milwall too and remember he missed his daughter's birth to play for Leeds, so I think he is committed - either that or didn't fancy a squeamish sight!
CrisPeacock
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CrisPeacock »

Klich is in the polish team of the week selected by best polish commentators and he is also in the team of the week of Eredivisie with 2 assists in his last game :think:
LUFCTALK Prediction League Winner 2014-2015
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

CrisPeacock wrote:Klich is in the polish team of the week selected by best polish commentators and he is also in the team of the week of Eredivisie with 2 assists in his last game :think:
Isn’t that just typical? Players always seem to do well when they are away from Elland Road! :wtf: