2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

I'd take Troy Deeney.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Gilford_NI_Whites wrote:I'd take Troy Deeney.
Everton were linked with him.
He'd be an ideal replacement for Lukaku for a couple of seasons.
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

rigger wrote:
Gilford_NI_Whites wrote:I'd take Troy Deeney.
Everton were linked with him.
He'd be an ideal replacement for Lukaku for a couple of seasons.
Your right. Bit soon for us. Maybe another 10 seasons to play before us :D
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Linked with Andres Guardado https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ampionship

Would be an incredible signing tbh, even at 31. But doesn't sound realistic in the slightest, can't see him coming to the Champ but then again, I said that about Neves and Diogo Jota.

Linked with Helander again, along with Villa. Apparently only on £4k a week, so we wouldn't have to break the bank for him. https://talksport.com/football/transfer ... 1130263924

Think we need a LB, Matt Targett on loan?, and I'd love Charlie Adam as well as a gk.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SG90 wrote:Linked with Andres Guardado https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ampionship

Would be an incredible signing tbh, even at 31. But doesn't sound realistic in the slightest, can't see him coming to the Champ but then again, I said that about Neves and Diogo Jota.

Linked with Helander again, along with Villa. Apparently only on £4k a week, so we wouldn't have to break the bank for him. https://talksport.com/football/transfer ... 1130263924

Think we need a LB, Matt Targett on loan?, and I'd love Charlie Adam as well as a gk.
Guardado can play LB too, I think.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Observation.... do you think we would be in the top two with Green, Taylor, Bartley & Wood in the team ..... 3 out 4 are possibly available .......
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:Observation.... do you think we would be in the top two with Green, Taylor, Bartley & Wood in the team ..... 3 out 4 are possibly available .......
Yes we would but so what? Which 3?

Green wanted to leave, Wood obviously too, Taylor wouldn't come back because he would get criticized to hell by some of our fans and Bartley is injured isn't he?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

isrodger wrote:Observation.... do you think we would be in the top two with Green, Taylor, Bartley & Wood in the team ..... 3 out 4 are possibly available .......
As Mr Greavsie said "It's a funny old game" who knows what would have happened. Wood may have hit a slump and scored nought. Green had a few dodgy moments as well any one of them could have picked up a bad injury and we'd struggle , sliding doors ins't it !
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Yes we would but so what? Which 3?

Green wanted to leave, Wood obviously too, Taylor wouldn't come back because he would get criticized to hell by some of our fans and Bartley is injured isn't he?
Didn’t green want to leave as a result of being relegated to being the stand in. Bartleys close to a comeback.Taylor you might be right.

Personally would love to see us try to unsettle Stockdale... would have been a great acquisition in the summer. We certainly need a keeper ad the priority... but direct replacements for those four are required if we are to progress.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

On paper based on last years performances yes.

Always a "but" in football and to play devils advocate I'll point out that a year earlier lots of fans thought we were mad signing Green, plenty of too old comments.
Lots of stick for Wood on here including a disgusting thread about "Plank of Wood", last seasons goals don't guarantee the same return this time.
I actually thught Taylors best season here was 15/16, thought he had gone off the boil last term.
Bartley though can't find a reason for not having him back, was my favorite player last year, wish we had signed him.

But it would still be a Yes, i would really expect all of them to do well its just football is a funny game and we need to trust those in charge.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.