2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Dubleeds wrote:I do hope we keep Lasogga.
Not a cat-in-hells chance. (cats immune from hell :shifty: ) anyway. Wages wages wages. Oh and the fact he's German, have you been to Bavaria? Its bloody lovely. :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Dubleeds wrote:I do hope we keep Lasogga.
Not a cat-in-hells chance. (cats immune from hell :shifty: ) anyway. Wages wages wages. Oh and the fact he's German, have you been to Bavaria? Its bloody lovely. :thumbup:
He's based in Hamburg :shh:

.. though I can testify that the city has its own attractions and is a fantastic part of the world :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Pierre-Michel Lasogga's last 4 games for Leeds

165 touches
59 successful passes
26 aerial duels won
16 shots on goal
7 shots on target
3 goals

No other championship player has attempted more shots (16)
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Pierre-Michel Lasogga's last 4 games for Leeds

165 touches
59 successful passes
26 aerial duels won
16 shots on goal
7 shots on target
3 goals

No other championship player has attempted more shots (16)
To me he's following a similar path to that of Chris Wood. He's starting to look a very good and dangerous player.
Deleted User 3289

I'm with other members, once it becomes clear we are definitely not going up this season (to some it already is) I would be playing with Roberts & Ekuban as much as possible ready for next year. I'm not sure Lasogga is ready to drop from £50kpw to £15kpw just yet, particularly with his new family member recently arriving in Germany. We could well arrange another loan if he wishes to return next season? Now he seems to be getting match sharper, he is useful at this level no doubt.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Watching Sheffield United home and away, it was like Lasogga had taken Leon Clarke's confidence, fitness and bravery from the Elland Road fixture... like you say, encouraging, but I guess ultimately will be disappointing when he leaves in the summer. Can see him finishing this season with a strike rate of 50%. If it was me, I'd be starting talks about loan extension and option to buy now. By the time he's 28, I think we'd have a £15m asset on our books in the premiership or £15m in our bank account.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Tyler Roberts faces an extended period out after picking up an ankle injury in training earlier this week
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

NottinghamWhite wrote:Tyler Roberts faces an extended period out after picking up an ankle injury in training earlier this week
Unfortunate for the lad. I hope for his, and our sake he's not one of the injury prone players.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:... 26 aerial duels won...
That's a huge improvement on earlier matches. Don't have the stats, but he seemed to barely leave the ground for a lot of high balls. I'm a big fan of his.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 3289

Leicester White wrote:Watching Sheffield United home and away, it was like Lasogga had taken Leon Clarke's confidence, fitness and bravery from the Elland Road fixture... like you say, encouraging, but I guess ultimately will be disappointing when he leaves in the summer. Can see him finishing this season with a strike rate of 50%. If it was me, I'd be starting talks about loan extension and option to buy now. By the time he's 28, I think we'd have a £15m asset on our books in the premiership or £15m in our bank account.
I'm sure that would have been spoken about this season if we went up. Will he fancy another crack next year? My feelings are that Hamburg sent him on loan to get fit, ready for them to sell him in the summer? To be, or not to be: That will be the question.