2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: 2017/18 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SG90 »

Maybe I'm biased and getting carried away, but I don't see two teams with better squads than us, let alone six. The likes of Villa, Boro, Wendies, Norwich, Derby, Sunderland, Brentford were all hyped up, but don't look better than us.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

SG90 wrote:Maybe I'm biased and getting carried away, but I don't see two teams with better squads than us, let alone six. The likes of Villa, Boro, Wendies, Norwich, Derby, Sunderland, Brentford were all hyped up, but don't look better than us.
Sorry to tell you mate but you're actually dreaming! Get someone to pinch you! :lol:
SG90

Post by SG90 »

With two Germans in the team, perhaps we could penalty shootout our way to the EFL Cup and playoffs? :)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SG90 wrote:Maybe I'm biased and getting carried away, but I don't see two teams with better squads than us, let alone six. The likes of Villa, Boro, Wendies, Norwich, Derby, Sunderland, Brentford were all hyped up, but don't look better than us.
Someone, on twitter, has put together the squad in their respective positions on a pitch background and I have to say, overall, the squad does look very impressive. The strength in depth is fantastic.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Aaron wrote:Whats the rules on homegrown players in the squad? We can't have many.
Ayling Cooper Phillips Vieira O'Kane Lonergan Roofe CBJ Pennington should all feature in the 18, we're fine.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Someone, on twitter, has put together the squad in their respective positions on a pitch background and I have to say, overall, the squad does look very impressive. The strength in depth is fantastic.
The thing for me is pace and creativity. The likes of Villa and Boro have none, so can't counter attack teams like we can for example. Add to that a strong defence as well. I've seen fans of other clubs asking why they haven't signed Saiz and Alioski. :thumbup:
simon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by simon »

Barlow Boy wrote:
You have a link? not seen that.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

simon wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
https://twitter.com/SouthStand_LUFC?ref ... r%5Eauthor

I think I've seen what BB is on about and I agree, our squad looks good. Open the link and scroll down and you will see it pal.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

DominanceUK wrote:
simon wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
https://twitter.com/SouthStand_LUFC?ref ... r%5Eauthor

I think I've seen what BB is on about and I agree, our squad looks good. Open the link and scroll down and you will see it pal.
Yes, that's it Dominance, thanks pal :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Yeah, but what about Cardiff and Ipswich :shock: