Away Tickets being sold on 'Games seen' basis

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Away Tickets being sold on 'Games seen' basis

Post by Mellor »

Sheepy wrote:
dlw10 wrote:On a serious note the one thing wrong with this system is the number of fans who are clearly buying tickets even though they are not going to the game. they are then giving the tickets (selling) to their mates who DO NOT have the right number of games! They are banking on membershio numbers not being reconciled with the numbers written on the tickets or they are lending their cards out. this makes a mockery of the whole system.
That's very true actually.

Also, how does the loyalty scheme work for supporters clubs? I know they all get an allocation of tickets, do they submit names and membership numbers? Anyone know how it works?
I thought Bates had stopped all that mullarkey ?
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Dunno, I'd like to know how it works though. Might be worth joining one!
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

I heard from a bloke who runs an RMC that to become a member of the SC in South Leeds, you must also join Middleton Con Club. Refusal to relax this rule led, apparently, to the formation of The South Leeds Independent SC which is, of course, a booming enterprise. I believe they took 5 coaches to St James' Park (same source).

Obviously none of this may be true but it is a nice story which has just the right amount of intransigence to suggest it could be. Clubs of all kinds do love a bit of needless bureaucracy.

Normally I'm happy to 'take one for the team' but joining a Con club is one huge step too far even if it would allow me to jump the ticket queue. Belle Isle WMC would of course be perfectly acceptable :D

I believe the South Leeds Ind SC operates out of The Plantation in Middleton. Sounds like a top outfit.
attacco decente
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Yeah, a few years back I was going to join South Leeds Ind but just never got round to it. They are one of the better clubs and seem pretty organised.

I must admit though, that by now driving to away matches and sitting out the ones further south than Watford has saved me a good wad. The prices on the coaches (official coaches) are a bit of a mickey take, final straw for me was a few year back when we played Donny in the League Cup and they wanted £17 for the coach. Leeds to Donny for £17? I don't think so.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

I travelled with Bradford SC (or RMC - I was led by the nose so it could have been either) to Newcastle for £15. You can't say fairer than that. Cost me a tenner to get to Bradford mindst in an RMC car and a further £4 by bus to make the pick up point for the car :)
attacco decente
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I have travelled to away games with various SC's and find them all great. I contacted Leeds a few years back as some of our lads couldn't get to a southern away game only to be told by the club that even though they had spare seats it was against the clubs policy to make an unscheduled stop at a service station.
Winner of the Europa League