Leeds, first team 2017-18

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Leeds, first team 2017-18

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Selby White wrote:
Never mind the team that's quite an impressive bench.
How good is it to read that statement ? :thumbup:
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Selby White wrote:
kennyb41 wrote:I have it on good authority (my nan) that the team is...

....................Felix....................
Anita....Pennington...Cooper.....Ayling
............O Kane....... Klich.............
Roofe..........Hernandez..........Alioski
....................Wood.....................

Bench...
Green,Berardi,Saiz,Bridcutt,Viera,Ekuban

So there you go,end of.
Bolton 1 Leeds 3.
Never mind the team that's quite an impressive bench.
It would be even better if seven subs were allowed and we could also have Dallas or Phillips on the bench :D
kennyb41
YELLOW CARDED

Post by kennyb41 »

My nan's been down training ground,now states he's not bothering tampering with defence so much as it's enough being without Pontus,but she likes what she saw and now goes with this..

....................The Cat......................
Ayling.....Pennington...Cooper.....Berardi
...............O Kane....Anita.................
Klitch............Hernandez............Alioski
......................Wood.......................

Apparantly 1... He can't make his mind up about starting Roofe and Saiz and wants to get them on asap.
Apparantly 2... He trusts Berardi defensively but wants to play the ball out from keeper up and dosen't trust Berardi on that front,currently trying different permutations,but not happy at all and likely to go with as close to end of last season as possible for the time being.

Bolton 0 Leeds 2.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Still no mention of the captain for the season or am I wrong? If Bridcutt is captain on Sat then I can only assume he will be named captain for the season.

-----------------Wiedwald-------------------

Ayling---Pennington---Cooper---Berardi

-------------Bridcutt---Vieira---------------

------Alioski---Hernandez---Roofe--------

--------------------Wood---------------------

Subs: Green, Anita, Phillips, O'Kane, Saiz, Akuban, Dallas

I would imagine that will be TC's side or at least very close to it.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

DominanceUK wrote:Still no mention of the captain for the season or am I wrong? If Bridcutt is captain on Sat then I can only assume he will be named captain for the season.

-----------------Wiedwald-------------------

Ayling---Pennington---Cooper---Berardi

-------------Bridcutt---Vieira---------------

------Alioski---Hernandez---Roofe--------

--------------------Wood---------------------

Subs: Green, Anita, Phillips, O'Kane, Saiz, Akuban, Dallas

I would imagine that will be TC's side or at least very close to it.
Could be close to that lineup Dominace. What unsettles me is that it's only 1 additional outfield player to last years team (Alioski). Granted Pennington is new, but he's there out of necessity, rather than an improvement on Bartley. Need the bench to step up or realistically we wont improve on 7th place...?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

I'm not sure that team will be as close as you two think, you know ?

Don't forget, this is a new head coach with a new team in the dugout so apart from videos of last season's matches and the opinions of the remaining staff from Monk's time at the helm, TC is probably just gonna use what he's seen so far of the squad in pre-season.
I don't think Bridcutt, O'Kane and Vieira will be certain starters in midfield - one of them probably, but I'd be surprised to see two of those three lining up against Bolton. I would expect Anita to be in the team from the get go and for him to be a key player. He may start at right back if Ayling goes in the middle with Berardi on the left, but if not he'll play in central midfield I would think.

Anyway .. I could list my predicted line-up but it's all speculation and hopefully we'll have another two players to consider before the big kick-off :)
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:I'm not sure that team will be as close as you two think, you know ?

Don't forget, this is a new head coach with a new team in the dugout so apart from videos of last season's matches and the opinions of the remaining staff from Monk's time at the helm, TC is probably just gonna use what he's seen so far of the squad in pre-season.
I don't think Bridcutt, O'Kane and Vieira will be certain starters in midfield - one of them probably, but I'd be surprised to see two of those three lining up against Bolton. I would expect Anita to be in the team from the get go and for him to be a key player. He may start at right back if Ayling goes in the middle with Berardi on the left, but if not he'll play in central midfield I would think.

Anyway .. I could list my predicted line-up but it's all speculation and hopefully we'll have another two players to consider before the big kick-off :)
Agree with all of this Rigger - I'd also expect to see Saiz and Hernandez becoming interchangeable given their similarities, and the fact Saiz got 12 goals from midfield last season.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

rigger wrote: Anyway .. I could list my predicted line-up but it's all speculation
:wave: You already have in the 'Starting XI v Bolton' thread :D

rigger wrote:He won't want to get beaten in his first match, so I'd expect us to play one up top, pack the midfield and hit them on the break.
With Jansson out, three at the back seems highly unlikely so I'd expect a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 :

Deleted User 728

Haha !
I'd forgotten about that :)

And look - I'm true to my word !
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

rigger wrote:I'm not sure that team will be as close as you two think, you know ?

I see where you're coming from Rigz, having seen Anita in two friendlies he hasn't played in Midfield at all so that's what I'm basing my prediction on Anita being on the bench. I aint 100% on this one but I don't think I've seen Ayling been used as a CB, he's played at RB and LB. But we'll see soon pal, Sat might give us more insight on this matter.