Radrizzani Completes Takeover

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Radrizzani Completes Takeover

Post by Another Northern Soul »

One Eyed Thompson wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Not exact quotation...

'I am not here to make money, I am here to make history.'

'The plan is to buy Elland Road by the end of the summer'.

A nicer contrast of words from a chairman compared to these ones anyway!
"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the Football League. Their fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen"
Ha ha, AND, I hope, I will go to the bank and buy the stadium next Thursday'.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

A number of observations. Number 1 rad clearly is an upgrade on our former owners for the past 2 decades. For all those who deride Cellino I suggest you listen to the Matt child's interview re him. It's very balanced, it praises him and highlights the obvious issues he has in terms of stability. Cellino has done many good things and a number of bad, in the round he brought about financial stability and sold out to a potentially good owner ... time will tell. Let's hope rad manages to wrestle ER from Adlers grip easier said than done I believe. Secondly Thorpe arch ....I know Cellino has / had a deal in place with Adler to vacate TA Adler to fund a new complex at kirkstall and pay the club £3m .... I suspect issues have arisen with the area being a flood plain and around planning at weatherby. I personally look forward to a bright new horizon. I hope we are at last rid of parasite owners like Bates & GFH and now have a slightly more rational and monied owner in Rad. Thanks massimo ... we couldn't trust you as we didn't know what you would do next...but in the round I think you did more good than harm and your madness certainly contributed to compass returning catering rights for £1 and them relinquishing the pavilion for a relative song, you was a great charector and probably a top bloke to boot.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-8683157

Slightly different from the BBC report but much of a muchness.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Dan Roan interview with Radrizzani:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40804097
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Telegraph interview:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ing-leeds/

He does talk a lot of sense.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Have to agree SL. He seems more of a understate than a overstate type of guy which keeps it real for me. No talk of champions league football just yet for instance. One step at a time.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The man continues to surprise me. I saw this on Facebook

My lad has had 2 season tickets. Last Christmas he didn't receive anything from Leeds United. And that's ok, I don't expect him to receive anything.

But this Christmas, he and I assume all junior members and season ticket holders have received a card and a present from Leeds United. Radz didn't have to do that but he did. And that for me shows a lot about his character and desire for this club. MOT
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

According to Adam Pope, or more specifically Eleonora Sports accounts, Cellino sold the club to Radrizzani for £45M.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

And we thought we had some nutty owners over the years:

Greek match stopped as PAOK owner enters pitch armed with a gun in protest over disallowed goal:

''Greece's sports minister promised to take 'bold decisions' on Monday after the owner of soccer team PAOK went onto the pitch while apparently armed to protest over a disallowed goal during a match with another Greek team, AEK.
Ivan Savvides, one of Greece's richest men, walked onto the pitch during an interruption in the match on Sunday night in Thessaloniki when referee Georgios Kominis disallowed a goal from PAOK's Fernando Varela in the 89th minute. Until then the match had been a goalless draw.
Savvides, who was accompanied onto the pitch by bodyguards, wore a holster on his waist containing what appeared to be a revolver, though he did not remove it during the ensuing fracas.
The referee finally allowed the goal about two hours later, state TV reported.''
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay