Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SiMamu wrote:He knocked out Athletic Bilbao in the Europa League last year. Very, very impressive.

Doing some minor research, he played 4-4-2 with two deep central midfielders at his last club.

I'm liking the sound of that.
Thank you, Agent Mamu :D
Clarke One Nil
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Clarke One Nil »

‪I'm excited about this. As a player he was a Bundesliga top scorer, and as a coach he reached the last 16 in the Europa League. He'll bring new ideas, and it sounds like he was impressive in the interviews. Of course it's a risk, but everything about football is. It's not meant to be boring!
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

Michael Laudrup now in the bookies reckoning. Like Karanka, it's an assumption based on other links.
Thomas is the nearest we come Laudrup this year, I guess :D

Like the rest of you guys I also hope for the best - but what a gamble! Please don't hold me (half) responsible for Thomas' performance... :thumbup:
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

SiMamu wrote:Doing some minor research, he played 4-4-2 with two deep central midfielders at his last club.
Should suit our squad. Can Roofe or Antonsson deliver if they play up front together with Wood? I think so. Two deep central midfielders sounds good for both Okane, Viera, Phillips and Bridcutt. Just need a quality winger and center back,

I like this appointment, let's give the guy time to work his magic!
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

I wouldn't assume the tactics he used at his last club are what he'll use at Leeds.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

4-4-2 would take some scoring burden off from Woods, Antonsson and Roofe speed next to him can play big role.

But then we need better holding mid for sure?
Deleted User 728

Clarke One Nil wrote:‪I'm excited about this. As a player he was a Bundesliga top scorer, and as a coach he reached the last 16 in the Europa League. He'll bring new ideas, and it sounds like he was impressive in the interviews. Of course it's a risk, but everything about football is. It's not meant to be boring!
Good post, mate :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

John Dane wrote:
Michael Laudrup now in the bookies reckoning. Like Karanka, it's an assumption based on other links.
Thomas is the nearest we come Laudrup this year, I guess :D

Like the rest of you guys I also hope for the best - but what a gamble! Please don't hold me (half) responsible for Thomas' performance... :thumbup:

Can we please, please get Stig Tofting in as conditioning coach ??
Have a word, John - I'm sure you've got connections :mrgreen:
Sechwa
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sechwa »

442 worked pretty poorly for Monk in his early days.
Leeds United researcher at Football Manager
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Just got back from Hull to find out we've appointed a new manager from a guy who's fixing my shower... Thomas Christensen. Who? My worst fears confirmed. I, like most of the Leeds fans, went straight onto wikipedia. Such a cheap option and such a gamble. With Radz already saying that the wage cap will be similar to last years tells me there won't be much money being spent. As always, he'll get my backing and full support. I'll give it till October and November and we'll be looking for another manager.

To make it even worse, the lad who was fixing my shower is a Udders fan :(