Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

rigger wrote:
Dubleeds wrote:I fail to see how doing well with Apoel in Cyprus is relevant (Celtic, etc). Last 16 of Europa is something I guess. A complete gamble in my opinion.
Isn't every appointment ?

At least he sounds like he's been schooled the right way and should be in the same mould as other young continental managers like Quique Flores, Villas Boas, etc ..

Sometimes, a manager just needs to feel at home, same as a player.
Take Steve Morrison - couldn't hit a barn door for us, but brilliant at Millwall, either side of his time with us.
Take Eddie Howe - AFCB's best ever manager, then pish at Burnley, then breaks all his own records when back on the south coast.

Let's hope Elland Road will be the right place for Christiansen.
The second link was interesting. It sounds like his preferred style would be a pressing, passing game, but he had to adapt at the last club to according to the players at his disposal.

Any new manager will be a risk.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'm sure once the dust settles everyone will back the guy and give him huge support on matchdays : it's what we do best, isn't it ?

Not sure how it'll be after the first six games, but Monk's position wasn't exactly safe at that point, was it ?

Whatever happens, it'll never be dull : MOT.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Do we reckon Huddersfield fans were thinking who the hell is David Wagner a year ago ?
Winner of the Europa League
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Can be afraid that his name wont be so appealing to players come here. But hope the board backs him up. Glad to see we are finished with manager side, now clue the team together with squad and new guys. Cant wait for new season.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Dubleeds wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Let's remember there were some on here who thought Monk was a poor signing 12 months ago. Hopefully he will get 100% support from the fans & some money to spend in the transfer market.
Yes I was one of them who said he was a complete gamble. 7th in the league was ok, but the spectacular collapse towards the end...........Well I'm not sorry he's gone. I'd have liked him to have one more shot but who cares now.
Yeah, I remember being hugely underwhelmed when Monk was announced. Never warmed to him as a player or manager, but he did well (between October and March)
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
White Knight

Post by White Knight »

I really hope this guy is a the ultimate rabbit from the hat and that we are celebrating an unexpected automatic promotion place this time next year.

My fear is that Thomas will spend six or seven months discovering what works and doesn't work in the Championship, him not having a breeze what he's facing into, and it is only then that he'll realise what players he needs. By the end of that he'll be sacked and we'll be back here next February or so, after the January window has closed anyway, wallowing in more futile speculation yet again.

I do wish him well and would love to be proved wrong. However, bitter experience makes me pessimistic :(.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

He knocked out Athletic Bilbao in the Europa League last year. Very, very impressive.

Doing some minor research, he played 4-4-2 with two deep central midfielders at his last club.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

White Knight wrote: I do wish him well and would love to be proved wrong. However, bitter experience makes me pessimistic :(.
At least he's a step up from David Hockaday ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Good Luck to the new manager Thomas Christiansen. Hope he does well for the club and most importantly Radzziani isn't skint after buying the club and going to give him Bates old money pot which Cellino found under the floorboards and sold up.
White Knight

Post by White Knight »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
White Knight wrote: I do wish him well and would love to be proved wrong. However, bitter experience makes me pessimistic :(.
At least he's a step up from David Hockaday ;)
Spoken by a true optimist! :lol: You are certainly correct on that one. :thumbup: