Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Post by Another Northern Soul »

swindonwhite wrote:Marco Silva sacked as I predicted - Get him in place of TC NOW
Next lottery results please, Swindon!
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

LOL - If we are going to change now is the time - We can still reach the play offs
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

I do not know why anyone wants to stick with TC we are only going one way & that's downhill - mid table now where will we be come may?
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

TC is the current coach under Orta.

He is less than half the problem as I see it. I do not rate him; he is inflexible tactically, stubborn, not attuned to what is needed to compete at this level and god knows what he and his coaching team do on the training pitch. Add to that the level of ill discipline (traits of a poor side lacking in respect for the coach) and I agree with you.

The problem is who is going to come in and be the scapegoat for Orta's player selections?

Radz needs to do what Gibson did. Change the direction by buying less players of more quality and/or change the DOF.

Cant see Silva putting up with being a puppet.
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Pep Clotet sack by Oxford too :o

BTW, Im not advocating getting rid of TC, Id give him the rest of this season to learn, but I expect more next season and if things arent improved by, say, Oct/Nov then Id expect him to be gone
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

When Cellino was at the club changing managers every few weeks all most of us wanted at the club was stability. Now we have that stability but our fans want us to revert back to the revolving door scenario. Radz has always stated that we were not looking at promotion this season. Both the owner & head coach are on learning curves. I don't want to revert back to the Cellino days, thank the Lord the Internet wasn't around in The Dons early days as he would have been hounded out of the club.
Winner of the Europa League
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

I think any criticism of TC has to consider his job spec. He is not manger but head coach. He is answerable to a director of football who decides on strategy and players needed for the squad, and then gives them to Christiansen to coach. I'm not sure the likes of Silva or many others would accept that reduced level of authority for football matters.
Secondly If we are going to criticise TC I think we need to equally criticise Orta as he has at least as much to do with this. His transfer dealings with one or two exceptions have been disappointing so far. He is responsible for the squad given to the head coach and it is at very best no better than last years and that will likely be reflected in a lower finishing position this season. I would prefer to stick with Christiansen for now and give him longer.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:When Cellino was at the club changing managers every few weeks all most of us wanted at the club was stability. Now we have that stability but our fans want us to revert back to the revolving door scenario. Radz has always stated that we were not looking at promotion this season. Both the owner & head coach are on learning curves. I don't want to revert back to the Cellino days, thank the Lord the Internet wasn't around in The Dons early days as he would have been hounded out of the club.
Well said NW,

I honestly disliked the Cellino days. One thing I am grateful to Cellino is the fact he sold the club to a decent business man who goes about his business in a quiet way and does exactly what he promises and most of the time he doesn't promise anything at all but DOES IT.

We as fans have been crying out for an owner who wants the club to succeed and I honestly believe Radz is the captain of the ship that will someday soon sail into the big port of the Premiership. He has steadied us from the Cellino Tsunami and brought us back into our own home for the repairs to the ship. We are anchored but still in need of some overhauling of the vessel before we can really reach our full knottage. Our masts are fluttering once again as a club and some of the pirates we have hired are good but also need more treasures which are more bountiful. Captain Radz does need to spend more doublooms on some quality pirates in order for us to attack this league and sail through the dark waters into the open sea. Once there we shall fullfill our destiny and Radz and his merry drunken pirates will have found the treasure map of the premiership. Har har. Now lets get sailing and raise that Jolly Roger.

Believe in what is happening at the club. :D
superwhites
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by superwhites »

His managerial knowledge can be written on the back of a postage stamp in capitals.
His team selection decisions and substiutions are bewildering and as proved suicidal.
Were buying bulk cheap unproven players who are quickly becoming rabbits in headlights when it comes to the physicality of the Championship
Orta is proving he is hopeless like he did at Boro
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Talk of sacking TC is ridiculous. Do we really want to return to the revolving door policy of recent seasons. Give the guy a chance - 18 months at least imo.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”