Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Post by PockWhite »

phil62 wrote:Talk of sacking TC is ridiculous. Do we really want to return to the revolving door policy of recent seasons. Give the guy a chance - 18 months at least imo.
:clap: :clap:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

PockWhite wrote:
phil62 wrote:Talk of sacking TC is ridiculous. Do we really want to return to the revolving door policy of recent seasons. Give the guy a chance - 18 months at least imo.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

It seems to me that TC will be here for the rest of the season. Beyond that, who knows. I'm not his biggest fan and I've made my feelings clear about it. Somebody posted earlier (forgot who it was, apologies) that we should give him the rest of the season, start with him next season but if things haven't improved by Oct/Nov then perhaps sack him. I'm going with that, in all honesty the anger is going and I'm just accepting that this is Leeds United and it's a case of, 'same old, same old'.
superwhites
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by superwhites »

PockWhite wrote:
The advantage of "revolving door" is it gets rid of clueless managers before they drag the club to a point of no return.
I see TC has that clueless manager and both Radz and Orta wont know he is inept till its too late
Promotion on a shoestring with unproven bargain buys just isnt going to happen
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

superwhites wrote:
PockWhite wrote:
The advantage of "revolving door" is it gets rid of clueless managers before they drag the club to a point of no return.
I see TC has that clueless manager and both Radz and Orta wont know he is inept till its too late
Promotion on a shoestring with unproven bargain buys just isnt going to happen
I know I’ve bored people with this before, but Rob Green is a better keeper than the ones we have now, Charlie Taylor is a better left back than what we have (too early to judge De Bock), Kyle Bartley is definitely a better CB than Cooper and Wood’s goals prove he a better forward than Lassoga.

I fail to see how TC is at fault, other than some questionable subs at times. If anyone is to blame it’s Orta, asking TC to do better than last season with the ammunition he has been given (Saiz aside) is laughable.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Karolkarol »

Barlow Boy wrote: I know I’ve bored people with this before, but Rob Green is a better keeper than the ones we have now, Charlie Taylor is a better left back than what we have (too early to judge De Bock), Kyle Bartley is definitely a better CB than Cooper and Wood’s goals prove he a better forward than Lassoga.

I fail to see how TC is at fault, other than some questionable subs at times. If anyone is to blame it’s Orta, asking TC to do better than last season with the ammunition he has been given (Saiz aside) is laughable.
You've hit the nail on the head there for me. Adding to that, Taylor, Wood, Bartley and Green all knew the league and the language.

Our transfer policy under Orta thus far has been ridiculous. Obviously the value isn't there in British players (£4m for Bradley Dack anyone?) but is it more of a gamble to reinvest the money we've recouped in sales into proven league players or scour Europe for hidden gems and up and coming players at bargain basement prices? I'd suggest the latter and that we've gotten it seriously wrong.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

Talk of sacking TC is ridiculous. Do we really want to return to the revolving door policy of recent seasons. Give the guy a chance - 18 months at least Imo
Does the name Newport mean anything to you - Millwall have not won away all season but they won away to someone at the weekend - 10th in the league

players sent off all the time - tactics inept & he really is clueless for this league - yeah lets give him another 12 months & get someone who can get us out of league 1
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

swindonwhite wrote:
Talk of sacking TC is ridiculous. Do we really want to return to the revolving door policy of recent seasons. Give the guy a chance - 18 months at least Imo
Does the name Newport mean anything to you - Millwall have not won away all season but they won away to someone at the weekend - 10th in the league

players sent off all the time - tactics inept & he really is clueless for this league - yeah lets give him another 12 months & get someone who can get us out of league 1
That's a bit over the top. I am all for feeling upset about results and sometimes the manner of the defeats but TC ain't that bad a manager. If he was we would be in the relegation zone already. The players themselves have to step up also. A manager is always chosen as the one to take the blame but some of the players are also in need of a rollicking for the way they play on the pitch. Remember that once the players go beyond the white line they are the ones who need to perform. The manager or coach as TC's proper job description is do their best to prepare the squad of players for each game and he picks what he believes to be the best side available. If the players don't perform then they should look inward and change their mentality to the club they are playing for. All this TC bashing is starting to annoy me, not because he's a good manager but because of the lack of patience in what our club are trying to do and the lack of united fans we have.

I think in the past 14 years or so we have sewn a new generation of not so United fans and when the results are good they hide in the woodwork and then when there is a slight dip in form they start calling for heads on the table. Try looking at the bigger picture please. We are so far away from the Bates days and coming away from the darker days of Cellino. Its not easy to change a generation of mishaps and swindling that our club suffered and I for one am happy with how the club is being run by Radz, as well as having some patience with Orta and TC. Don't get me wrong I too want success and I do believe this year is a great opportunity for us because all the other so called big guns haven't been firing as much as expected. The reality is not many on here actually expected promotion this year at the start of the season.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

I am 57 years & supported Leeds since the late 60s man & Boy. I try to go to at least 20 games a season as do my 3 sons who have never known anything else but doom & gloom from this once great club - I take great offence to you're blinkered view - its people like you who have little or no ambition that we can do without.
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

We're all disappointed at recent performances but, equally, you'd think we'd all be used to the ups and downs of being a Leeds fan by now. I'm afraid there's no quick fix. No point in sacking an above average manager and no point in spending millions we don't have on players who may, or may not, work out.

Ride it out. Leeds will be back to greatness sooner or later.