Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 1022

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

swindonwhite wrote:I am 57 years & supported Leeds since the late 60s man & Boy. I try to go to at least 20 games a season as do my 3 sons who have never known anything else but doom & gloom from this once great club - I take great offence to you're blinkered view - its people like you who have little or no ambition that we can do without.
SW, No one is doubting your love for the club, I certainly wasn't in my post. I was making reference to the division between fans which is a regular occurrence. when bates was in Charge we had the Bates in and the Bates out camps which was a sore one for me personally speaking. Then came GFH and lastly Cellino who again brought a huge divide between fans. What we have now is the division once again between fans who are not so much against Radz but against the management style we have. I ain't saying TC is a good or bad manager I do think he has many flaws just like you and me. The problem I have is the bashing TC for the sake of it and then when someone posts something that is different or pointing out that it annoys me to see so much division, you take it personal and judge my love for the club. I don't take offence as I'm too long in the tooth to take offence at what you said. I would suggest that we all take a back seat with how strong we say things on this forum. Were like a family on here and we treat everyone with dignity and respect. Even you SW no matter what you said I still respect your opinions and I cherish your experience as a LUFC fan for so many years.

Keep the chin up mate. Its going to get better sooner or later and as a Leeds fan for many years myself I am used to the ups and downs, none more so than the past 14 or so years.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Thinking about TC of late does he really know what it takes to get out of this league? I mean he suggested not so long ago that this team was capable. Imo its nowhere near good enough. Is it that AR and Orta think they know what it takes, and that TC is their puppet? Its Orta's recruitment strategy after all. My fear is the club won't bring in someone like Chris Hughton who has been there and done it on a couple of occasions because he may well tell them the truth what is needed. And we all no that means spending money.

I appreciate its still early days for TC but imo we have gone backwards due to players sales and recruitment. I just don't like this idea of someone else trying to build a team for the manager. It makes systems & tactics too rigid as we have seen with the 4-2-3-1 formation. Every player we seem to buy has to fit into that system, its all alittle too one dimensional.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Thinking about TC of late does he really know what it takes to get out of this league? I mean he suggested not so long ago that this team was capable. Imo its nowhere near good enough. Is it that AR and Orta think they know what it takes, and that TC is their puppet? Its Orta's recruitment strategy after all. My fear is the club won't bring in someone like Chris Hughton who has been there and done it on a couple of occasions because he may well tell them the truth what is needed. And we all no that means spending money.

I appreciate its still early days for TC but imo we have gone backwards due to players sales and recruitment. I just don't like this idea of someone else trying to build a team for the manager. It makes systems & tactics too rigid as we have seen with the 4-2-3-1 formation. Every player we seem to buy has to fit into that system, its all alittle too one dimensional.
I've accepted that TC is going to get time. Personally, I don't think he's good enough to get us out of this league, even with a good strong squad. Orta has been a disaster tbh, he has a poor record but because he has 'contacts' around Europe, he's highly regarded. I agree with what you said Vidz.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

TC sacked , seemed a good bloke but in truth a little bit out of his depth think the crowd turning yesterday finished it for him , again as I’ve said before some of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves too .