Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Post by swindonwhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
swindonwhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
swindonwhite wrote:http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-8840242

What a load of crap the man is clearly deluded
I think we get it, SW, you want rid of him but can you rein the disrespect in, he deserves better than that on this forum at least? Cheers.
The idea of any forum is give ones opinion - i have not sworn or insulted the man just saying it as it is.
No you're not, you are disrespecting our team manager and if you really think saying his comments are a load of crap is not insulting then I give up, never mind calling him deluded.
Fair enough - but all i am saying is that after 3 straight home defeats on the bounce & losing 7 of our last 8 games i find him deluded that he is happy with his team & that we do not need to buy in the transfer window - can anyone on this forum think we will get promotion with the squad we have now.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:

It wasn't that long ago that posters on here were against the revolving door policy adapted by Cellino & most on here were looking for some stability at the club. In my opinion TC should at least have this season. The team are young & still gelling but we have seen what they are capable of.
Even if the season ends up with us in a relegation struggle
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:

It wasn't that long ago that posters on here were against the revolving door policy adapted by Cellino & most on here were looking for some stability at the club. In my opinion TC should at least have this season. The team are young & still gelling but we have seen what they are capable of.
Couldn't agree more, once employed everyone should get a full season.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

swindonwhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:

Even if the season ends up with us in a relegation struggle
The magic IF word, can be a positive or a negative depending on what we want to say.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Acomb1
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Acomb1 »

This division is so tight, there are probably 16 teams who with the right manager and a decent bit of investment could get promotion. The downside is that there are 16 ish teams who year in year we are up against. The teams that come down tend to have an advantage and a team that comes up tends to have momentum. We need to find a manager to give time and invest a little and be patient as fans. This is now the time to be patient .
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Acomb1 wrote:This division is so tight, there are probably 16 teams who with the right manager and a decent bit of investment could get promotion. The downside is that there are 16 ish teams who year in year we are up against. The teams that come down tend to have an advantage and a team that comes up tends to have momentum. We need to find a manager to give time and invest a little and be patient as fans. This is now the time to be patient .

Well said.
Bang on :clap:
sawadee3
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by sawadee3 »

Before a ball was even kicked this season i held the view that Thomas was always going to be in waaaay over his head at Leeds United. AR - god bless him) clearly saw something in him to suggest otherwise therefore took a punt but for me Christiansen is no Wagner.

With his extensive history of playing in various European leagues why was he coaching in the Cypriot league?
What did Andrea see in him that clubs from the major European leagues who clearly know him best never saw in him?

I'd like to see Grayson back because with an owner like Radrizzani supporting him Grayson in my opinion may well flourish.
Should AR get rid of Christiansen? if you'd asked me that question yesterday my answer would have been a catagoric yes, but we were just coming off of a hammering from Brentford at that time therefore i wouldn't have complained too much if the whole squad was placed on the transfer list - minus a couple or three exceptions.

But, the argument for stability is a powerful one especially for our club so yeah backing the dude into the new year before taking stock again seems the reasonable thing to do.

Director of Football Victor Orta - on him my mind isn't going to change. GET RID!!!
Unearthing one or perhaps two decent players out of maybe twenty signings is NOT a good return, nor is it sustainable - ask Boro.
Sod the under 23's, it's the first team that needs input.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

I have to say the debate about TC is still ongoing and its good to have some sensible people who know what it means to have stability for once, I understand how fans can be disgruntled and somewhat irate about the run were on i really do. As a fan myself i feel every loss too, but this is a time for some sensible decisions from the club. The elder fans know all about the ups and downs that the club has gone through and have experienced the highs and lows for many a year. The feeling i get when i read posts about TC is that, those who want TC to be given enough time are probably sick and tired of the merry go round attitude that not only we have suffered for many years but with football club owners in general who are too eager to write off a manager as soon as the results don't match the expectations. I don't feel like we are going to be a bad team under TC stewardship once he gets this run out of the way. It appears bad at the minute but if Radz wants him to stay then all the moaning and groaning fans do can't change it. It a long term project were building and iv'e bought into this idea.

I would love to be in the Premiership this time next year but not if its a straight back down experience. Building to stay there is what we must do like Leicester, Burnley and Swansea did. We are not Man City where they spent so many millions getting through the leagues to reach the Premiership, were a club that got smacked in the face by our crusade of overspending then penny pinching owners and scatter brained Cellino who didn't know his Arse from his elbow. Once bitten twice shy comes to mind.

Patience is what is needed most of all. Honestly i think some fans are never happy unless they are unhappy about something. I'm positive things will turn around soon. Were not a bad team or squad. Our manager is young and i believe he will get it right. Look at Alex blue nose Ferguson when he went to Manure and how long it took him to win the league 8 years it took if i remember and they went on to be a very successful team (hate saying that) but we also need to stop the rot of changing managers and have some faith in what Radz and the manager discussed with each other during the interview.

MOT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Too many knees jerking around here for my liking.

Think about Robert Pires at Arsenal or David de Gea at United - they both took a good year to settle and produce the kind of form they became famous for. Both were excellent players but psychologically the moves abroad affected them for months.

I think Orta's doing a good job and TC needs at least till the new year because it's all new for him too.

Let's not be hasty.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

We will always be going through this, season upon season, until we have someone in charge of the club who can think long term; not only with regards to management of the team, but also with players. Maybe we have this now with the new owner, he seems to have the right idea about so many things, we should have faith in him.

For a very long time, every season, we seem to have so many new players, as others have left for one reason or another or a new manager wants new players. We are essentially starting from near scratch every season. This inevitably requires time and patience for the 'new' team to gel with each other and with the manager and visa versa etc, etc.

One of the reasons I got fed up with watching football and making the effort to see Leeds was the constant changes in the team. For the last few seasons, my friend and I have gone up to Leeds less and less, because we found ourselves playing 'spot the player you know' all the time. I went maybe twice last season, to the Derby games, due to getting free tickets. I watched them a couple of times on TV. The players that stood out for me then were Hernandez, Ayling and Bartley, but ofcourse he has gone now, along with quite a few others.

We just have to be patient. How long has it taken Sean Dyche to build the team at Burnley? How long did it take Leicester to build their team? How long did it take Preston to build their team and Sheffield United and Wolverhampton? What we need more than anything is consistency to build upon and a long term approach!

As someone else alluded to, we are in the middle of three groups. One is the relugated teams with all of their money, which frankly gives them a very unfair advantage over the rest, unless they are like Sunderland and are on the edge of a cliff.
Last edited by Deleted User 2747 on 06 Nov 2017, 13:57, edited 2 times in total.