Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think everybody needs to calm down a bit ..

If you'd been handed the league table before the season and told this is where we'd be at this point - in contention for a play-off spot - every man jack of you would have taken that happily.

The unfortunate thing is the way the results have come : an explosive and highly unexpected sprint out of the blocks and then a slowing of the pace allowing everyone else to catch up.
Had they come more steadily with the five losses spread across the 14 games then we wouldn't be moaning so much I don't think.

Let's just keep our heads, give TC time to sort things out and not panic. There's no point whatsoever in sacking the guy right now or even talking about it, IMHO. He's still getting to grips with life in the Championship and so are a lot of the players. There's an international break again after the next match so let's hope they use it and we push onwards and upwards from there.

It's a very similar situation to last season : how many of us would've expected to be in the play-offs for most of it ?
None.
It shows how fickle we are in then being angry not to make them in the run-in rather than disappointed yet still appreciating a season of progress. Progress is something we haven't enjoyed for a decade. If we were getting better incrementally under Monk and TC continues to build on that by getting us closer then it's not been a bad season.

Having said that, I still think we will make the play-offs this season.

We have a talented young squad with a couple of obvious weak points.
We have a window in January.
Let's also have some perspective.

Positivity, people :)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:I think everybody needs to calm down a bit ..

If you'd be handed the league table before the season and told this is where we'd be at this point - in contention for a play-off spot - every man jack of you would have taken that happily.

The unfortunate thing is the way the results have come : an explosive and highly unexpected sprint out of the blocks and then a slowing of the pace allowing everyone else to catch up.
Had they come more steadily with the five losses spread across the 14 games then we wouldn't be moaning so much I don't think.

Let's just keep our heads, give TC time to sort things out and not panic. There's no point whatsoever in sacking the guy right now or even talking about it, IMHO. He's still getting to grips with life in the Championship and so are a lot of the players. There's an international break again after the next match so let's hope they use it and we push onwards and upwards from there.

It's a very similar situation to last season : how many of us would've expected to be in the play-offs for most of it ?
None.
It shows how fickle we are in then being angry not to make them in the run-in rather than disappointed yet still appreciating a season of progress. Progress is something we haven't enjoyed for a decade. If we were getting better incrementally under Monk and TC continues to build on that by getting us closer then it's not been a bad season.

Having said that, I still think we will make the play-offs this season.

We have a talented young squad with a couple of obvious weak points.
We have a window in January.
Let's also have some perspective.

Positivity, people :)
Excellent post :clap: :clap: :clap:.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

There were 20 teams in the Championship who would happily have swapped places with us this morning.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Wolves and Preston lose, Cardiff draw. Still 5th - stand down from red alert Captain Kirk.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

phil62 wrote:Wolves and Preston lose, Cardiff draw. Still 5th - stand down from red alert Captain Kirk.
Was just looking at the results and thought the same thing (well not about Cpt Kirk but along those lines) If B'ham can do us a favour tomorrow then def not a disastrous weekend ....... although of course 3 pts would have been better.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Beam me up Scotty, destination playoffs, aye aye captain. :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Ah cannae tekk much muir av this, cap'n :o
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

I will be happy if I am proved wrong.

I am sticking to my opinion though guys.

The manner of our defeats tells me that we have recruited poorly in the defensive area and that there is a problem with the manager either understanding what is required in this league or he is struggling to communicate what is required to the playing staff..............either one is unacceptable.

Maybe he will live long & prosper?
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Despite all the doom and gloom, once again our rivals haven't really taken advantage, so we remain in a good position. I'm sure we'd all have taken being in the top 6 at this stage in the summer. We are ahead of last season's schedule already, so that's good.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rss1969 wrote:I will be happy if I am proved wrong.

I am sticking to my opinion though guys.

The manner of our defeats tells me that we have recruited poorly in the defensive area and that there is a problem with the manager either understanding what is required in this league or he is struggling to communicate what is required to the playing staff..............either one is unacceptable.

Maybe he will live long & prosper?
Mate your opinion is as valid as anyone else, I don't agree with some things you believe or indeed what others believe but thats the beauty of football we all have opinions.
My opinion is simple, we castigated Cellino for his trigger finger, lets not adopt it ourselves. yes we are going through a bad spell and the light at the end of the tunnel may seem dim. A few wins (as optimistic at that may be to some) and we'll be world beaters again. Still in the top six at this stage, I'd have taken that any of the last 10 years. Lets give TC the season NOT JUST TILL CHRISTMAS, lets buck the trend of knee jerk reactions, lets actually see if a Manager CAN grow into a team as well as a team grow into a Manager.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders