Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Postby Aaron » 06 Nov 2017, 13:47

Remember everyone criticising Cellino for the way he used to go through managers, imagine some of this forum in charge! We'd have a new manager every three weeks.
User avatar
Aaron
Lee Bowyer's lawyer
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: 19 Oct 2011, 23:36
Location: Peterborough / Newcastle

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Postby CorkWhite » 07 Nov 2017, 01:58

Aaron wrote:Remember everyone criticising Cellino for the way he used to go through managers, imagine some of this forum in charge! We'd have a new manager every three weeks.

Agreed 100%
User avatar
CorkWhite
Lee Bowyer's lawyer
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 19:39

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Postby sawadee3 » 07 Nov 2017, 10:05

8 managers, 10 distinct tenures, and all in under 5 seasons.
Maybe it really is time to speed things up and aim for 3 or 4 coaches per season instead of our usual 2 and a bit.
With a quicker turn-a-round chances are we'll eventually get lucky and stumble across someone that can actually do the job.


Thomas Christiansen 2017-201?

Garry Monk 2016-2017

Steve Evans 2015-2016

Uwe Rosler 2015-2015

Neil Redfearn 2014-2015

Darko Milanic 2014-2014

Neil Redfearn 2014-2014

Dave Hockaday 2014-2014

Brian Mcdermott 2013-2014

Neil Redfearn 2013-2013


Yes i like Grayson - and yes i'd like to see him back at Leeds United one day because for me he'd do a good job for us. Andrea Radrizzani thinks that Thomas Christiansen is definitely the right man for the job therefore that's reason enough to give TC plenty of time. Results have to pick up though and soon.
sawadee3
Giuseppe Bellusci's PR Agent
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 04 Nov 2017, 09:32

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Postby ChilwellWhite » 07 Nov 2017, 12:21

Aaron wrote:Remember everyone criticising Cellino for the way he used to go through managers, imagine some of this forum in charge! We'd have a new manager every three weeks.


Totally agree :thumbup:
User avatar
ChilwellWhite
Lee Bowyer's lawyer
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: 29 Dec 2014, 18:12

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Postby superwhites » 08 Nov 2017, 07:32

The lack lustre performances of the last games have all the hall marks of a coach/DoF who has lost the respect/willingness of the players he is choosing :problem:
Whether that be a single shit stirrer amongst them, instigating bad feeling or a group that is playing one game ,then dropped to the bench next match i dont know

Talking to some Boro mates and they are comparing a near identical situation there, where there ex DoF( a certain Mr Orta) was being involved in player selection, which in turn upset coach and players.

Its mind boggling how we go from a fluid attacking team to a stuttering nervous one :?:
superwhites
Peter Risdsale's accountant
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Jan 2015, 00:08

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 08 Nov 2017, 10:02

superwhites wrote:The lack lustre performances of the last games have all the hall marks of a coach/DoF who has lost the respect/willingness of the players he is choosing :problem:
Whether that be a single shit stirrer amongst them, instigating bad feeling or a group that is playing one game ,then dropped to the bench next match i dont know

Talking to some Boro mates and they are comparing a near identical situation there, where there ex DoF( a certain Mr Orta) was being involved in player selection, which in turn upset coach and players.

Its mind boggling how we go from a fluid attacking team to a stuttering nervous one :?:


Sack the players then? A player should give nothing less than 100% regardless what coach is in charge imo. Do your job well for yourself, even if you feel others are slacking. Then you can always look yourself in the mirror. Berardi is always fully committed regardless.
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
User avatar
Viduka Hits The Mark
Gordon Strachan's chauffeur
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 07:42

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Postby superwhites » 08 Nov 2017, 14:13

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
superwhites wrote:The lack lustre performances of the last games have all the hall marks of a coach/DoF who has lost the respect/willingness of the players he is choosing :problem:
Whether that be a single shit stirrer amongst them, instigating bad feeling or a group that is playing one game ,then dropped to the bench next match i dont know

Talking to some Boro mates and they are comparing a near identical situation there, where there ex DoF( a certain Mr Orta) was being involved in player selection, which in turn upset coach and players.

Its mind boggling how we go from a fluid attacking team to a stuttering nervous one :?:


Sack the players then? A player should give nothing less than 100% regardless w is in the firing line

That coach is in charge imo. Do your job well for yourself, even if you feel others are slacking. Then you can always look yourself in the mirror. Berardi is always fully committed regardless.


Couldnt agree more but unfortunately thats not the way the modern game is progressing, a manager can pick a perfectly capable team that on paper shuld win, but for whatever reason, a handful of those players choose not to perform then the manager faces an uphill battle to get all his team reading from the same page.

I am not ITK by any means, but we just dont look interested and/or have any sort of shape to our play at the moment

Could it be tiredness creeping in already (yes i am leaving myself open to abuse :D ) but we did come out of the traps beginning of the season 100mph all guns blazing? i would quite happily swap some of them 3,4,5 goal games for steady 1 nillers if thats the case
superwhites
Peter Risdsale's accountant
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Jan 2015, 00:08

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Postby rigger » 09 Nov 2017, 10:02

If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
User avatar
rigger
Garry Monk's statistician
 
Posts: 9636
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 17:35

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Postby ilkley62 » 09 Nov 2017, 20:01

User avatar
ilkley62
Peter Risdsale's accountant
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 22:55

Re: Thomas Christiansen Appointed

Postby Davycc » 09 Nov 2017, 20:22



Spot on, but how many owners will actually take it in ?
Check out the Members map - Link in the "New Members" section
User avatar
Davycc
Garry Monk's statistician
 
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:09
Location: Wet West Britain or just wet wherever I am

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jm fleet, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests