FA Cup 3rd Round draw

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
WetherbyWhite1
Giddy Kipper

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round draw

Post by WetherbyWhite1 »

Mellor wrote:10k ground capacity I think - what's the % ticket allocation for FA cup games. I'm assuming those of us who did pre season there 3 seasons back qualify automatically ;)
I believe it's up to 15% subject to suitable segregation being available :thumbup:
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

WetherbyWhite1 wrote:
Mellor wrote:10k ground capacity I think - what's the % ticket allocation for FA cup games. I'm assuming those of us who did pre season there 3 seasons back qualify automatically ;)
I believe it's up to 15% subject to suitable segregation being available :thumbup:
15% would give me half a chance. I love the small grounds. Great places to watch football. And I love sudden death football.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
WetherbyWhite1
Giddy Kipper

Post by WetherbyWhite1 »

According to the guide to away grounds website that I browse,
Away supporters are housed on one side of the Willbutts Lane Stand, where around 1,500 fans can be housed. If demand requires it, then the whole of this stand can be given to visiting fans increasing the allocation to 3,650
Their average attendance is less than 3000 so even allowing for their less committed fans wanting to go, it seems reasonable to think that they'd allocate the whole stand to us knowing that it will sell out in all probability :thumbup:
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

WetherbyWhite1 wrote:According to the guide to away grounds website that I browse,
Away supporters are housed on one side of the Willbutts Lane Stand, where around 1,500 fans can be housed. If demand requires it, then the whole of this stand can be given to visiting fans increasing the allocation to 3,650
Their average attendance is less than 3000 so even allowing for their less committed fans wanting to go, it seems reasonable to think that they'd allocate the whole stand to us knowing that it will sell out in all probability :thumbup:

I like the cut of your jib WetherbyWhaler - I've told the Mrs I'm going on your authority ;)
attacco decente
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Remember in the 70's playing there in the league cup I think, had just passed my driving test and first time I'd been on the motorway.

Now if my memory serves me right we won 3-0 so reckon thats a good omen.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

It was pre season 2011/12, season before last and we were in the stand that has a capacity of 3,644.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

dlw10 wrote:
It was pre season 2011/12, season before last and we were in the stand that has a capacity of 3,644.
:thumbup:
attacco decente
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

We've only played Rochdale in cup competitions once in the FA Cup and once in the League cup (2-0 &3-0) winning them both.
More of the same please Brian!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

dlw10 wrote:
Did they not give us the stand behind the goal to the right of us too for that one? Maybe I'm mixing it up with Burton, where I definitely remember we had two stands, but I vaguely remember Rochdale being largely empty apart from our support. Might be wrong.

I do think it's likely they'll give us the same stand alongside the pitch.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

We had the stand down the length of the pitch but I think behind each goal was Rochdale fans. At Burton we did have behind the goal and down the side so I think you have indeed got them mixed up.

East mistake to be fair, similar looking grounds.