Peter Lorimer

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Peter Lorimer

Post by johnh »

Mr Russell wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
Emley White wrote:I think Peter missed 2 at Elland Rd v West Ham. I can't be sure and I wasn't at the game but my scrapbook memory seems to pinpoint that particular opponent. I'd like to know for my own peace of mind now somebody has brought it up. Will have to have a look in the loft for the newspaper cutting.
I'm sure I've told you before, EW :D The one I'm on about isn't West Ham - I don't recall seeing that or hearing about it TBH.

Internationally capped goalkeeper, mid-ish 1970s, there's a clue ;)
Peter missed 2 pens against Middlesboro in the 76/77 season, thankfully we still won the game 2-1!
Jim Platt in goal (NI keeper) :D Well done mate but one bonus point subtracted, it's 'Middlesbro' :P

I always remembered it that he scored both the goals too but I think that's actually wrong :D
Always get that one wrong (Middlesbro :shifty: :lol: ), Gordon McQueen got both goals in that game.
Middlesbrough actually! :D
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Happy birthday Lash, 71 years young to day & apparently he's doing well health wise. :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

This was from Saturdays game, good to see Peter looking so well.

Winner of the Europa League
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:This was from Saturdays game, good to see Peter looking so well.

He looks well but he has changed dramatically from when we saw him last in the Pavilion, I hardly recognised him when he came on the pitch at Bramall Lane.
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

dlw10 wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:This was from Saturdays game, good to see Peter looking so well.

He looks well but he has changed dramatically from when we saw him last in the Pavilion, I hardly recognised him when he came on the pitch at Bramall Lane.
It's the hair David, not a problem for you I know? :o :oops: ;) :lol: :D
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

PockWhite wrote:
dlw10 wrote:

It's the hair David, not a problem for you I know? :o :oops: ;) :lol: :D
Actually you are right! It is the fact that he's lost his hair, I couldn't quite put my finger on what was so different. As for my hair, well, you is only jealous!!!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

When I was younger my hair grew so fast that I had to go to the barber every two weeks. Now that I've turned 80, I only have to go every 3 weeks. Still got a full head of hair. If you are a legend like Peter Lorimer, it doesn't matter how much hair you've got!
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:If you are a legend ... it doesn't matter how much hair you've got!
Couldn't agree more, John :thumbup: