Peter Lorimer

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Peter Lorimer

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Mr Russell wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
Emley White wrote:I think Peter missed 2 at Elland Rd v West Ham. I can't be sure and I wasn't at the game but my scrapbook memory seems to pinpoint that particular opponent. I'd like to know for my own peace of mind now somebody has brought it up. Will have to have a look in the loft for the newspaper cutting.
I'm sure I've told you before, EW :D The one I'm on about isn't West Ham - I don't recall seeing that or hearing about it TBH.

Internationally capped goalkeeper, mid-ish 1970s, there's a clue ;)
Peter missed 2 pens against Middlesboro in the 76/77 season, thankfully we still won the game 2-1!
Jim Platt in goal (NI keeper) :D Well done mate but one bonus point subtracted, it's 'Middlesbro' :P

I always remembered it that he scored both the goals too but I think that's actually wrong :D
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Selby White wrote:
Frankie wrote:Always one of my favourites.

I have never forgotten, many years ago, when stood on the terraces at Notts County, being on the end of one of your power shots. I ducked just in time and let the guys behind me deal with it. I was only a teenager at the time.

Get well soon Peter Lorimer.
That wouldn't be the FA cup 3rd round in 1976 would it ?
Remember it well got back to Selby and found parts of the town under water, river had burst it's banks.
Fortunately our house was ok but had to take a detour to get there.

I think it probably was.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Selby White wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:That's a mighty fine effort SW :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'll second that, well done sir.
I'll third that! and add 3 more Peter Lorimer penalties to that list

1966 Bury 6-0 win (1 pen)
1967/68 Spora 9-0 win (1 Pen)
1970 Dynamo Dresden 1-0 win (1 Pen)

He also missed one in the 1-0 win over Vitoria Setubal in 1973-74 season.
Thanks Mr R I took the stats by going through the results on wafll and although it shows Peter (3, 4 & 1) scoring it doesn't say penalty.
http://www.wafll.com/leeds-statistics/
Yeah i used that site as well as Oz White's history site and one from DLW's links in Sheridan dictates (great site).

http://www.ozwhitelufc.net.au/

http://www.sheridan-dictates.com/histor ... istics.php
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Mr Russell wrote:
Emley White wrote:I think Peter missed 2 at Elland Rd v West Ham. I can't be sure and I wasn't at the game but my scrapbook memory seems to pinpoint that particular opponent. I'd like to know for my own peace of mind now somebody has brought it up. Will have to have a look in the loft for the newspaper cutting.
I'm sure I've told you before, EW :D The one I'm on about isn't West Ham - I don't recall seeing that or hearing about it TBH.

Internationally capped goalkeeper, mid-ish 1970s, there's a clue ;)
Peter missed 2 pens against Middlesboro in the 76/77 season, thankfully we still won the game 2-1!
Jim Platt in goal (NI keeper) :D Well done mate but one bonus point subtracted, it's 'Middlesbro' :P

I always remembered it that he scored both the goals too but I think that's actually wrong :D
Always get that one wrong (Middlesbro :shifty: :lol: ), Gordon McQueen got both goals in that game.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Great move by Radz :clap:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41450545

I love this guy more and more every day :clap:
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Fantastic move by the club, cant tell you how much I'm enjoying the fact that we are doing things the right way :clap:
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Good to hear that the club have done a deal to buy Peter's items and show them off in time for the 100th anniversary.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

ilkley62 wrote:Fantastic move by the club, cant tell you how much I'm enjoying the fact that we are doing things the right way :clap:

So good to see a millionaire owner that can respect the history and traditions of a club. Too many, and I mention no names here, think they can just ride rough shod over it all.

I am also happy that he didn't waste any time in bringing back the women's team.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Many of us will give out about results, team selections etc., but I think everyone recognises that this a different, and better, club than it has been for many years. Well done to AR (the driving force) and all involved in the club in yet another quality decision.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. :clap: