Leeds United Fixtures & Fixture Changes

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Leeds United Fixtures & Fixture Changes

Post by Barlow Boy »

As others have said, a decent spread of games.

I don’t like the look of our run in though, hopefully, we will be more than comfortable by then this time.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Barlow Boy wrote:As others have said, a decent spread of games.

I don’t like the look of our run in though, hopefully, we will be more than comfortable by then this time.
You beat me to it - As always you have 38 games to acquire at least 45 points - break it down into 4 quarters and you need 11 points a 1/4

After the opening game I always look at the festive season - Citeh + Hammers both tasty options
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Those first 8 games are going to be crucial - we play a few teams that were around us in the table this year or might otherwise struggle this year and a few that represent points we need if we're to demonstrate that we've evolved. It's a great start to benchmark where we are.

Everton, Brentford and Forest all wobbly last year or newly promoted & potential relegation fodder this year.
Wolves, Southampton and Brighton represent the next tier above relegation - a bit more stable and a bit more mid-table.
Plus Chelsea and Man Utd as more serious tests - if we've really improved over summer I want to see a different result against scum this time, even if we still lose at the very least it had better be a competitive performance.

I think we'll have a pretty good idea by the time we get to Scum on our 8th game how the season is shaping up and whether the recruitment has improved us. If recruitment and preseason are effective, we should be over 12 points by the end of September in my opinion, I might be getting twitchy early on if we're not!

Edit: Interesting analysis on The Athletic about who has the toughest start to the league (based on last year's league position and away games) - we have the 10th most difficult start according to their methodology, so slap in the middle. No reason we can't get off to a good start in August.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Here we go again :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... tions-made

Man U away not on TV, very surprised at that one.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Just the SIX fixture changes for October, absolute farce.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... tions-made