This season's captain

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: This season's captain

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:TC has just said at the pre Bolton press conference that the players will decide who they want as captain, that's a new one on me.
For me that shows he's a good man manager, or "people person" in the modern parlance ;)

Some might think it weak and indecisive.
Some people are idiots, though.

This process should be used as a team-building exercise wherein the players discuss what they want from a captain and, ultimately, what they all should be aspiring to.

I like the cut of his jib, our new boss :thumbup:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I think it's a tad harsh on Bridcutt if he is stripped of the captaincy, only for the players to reinstate him. :lolno:

Part of me thinks its just a bit of media mind games and TC knows full-well who his leader amongst men is. On the other hand, if we start off Pooh, then TC just blames the players for choosing a weak captain. It's a win win for him. :shifty:

I suppose you could say that when he's not banned, Jansson is the only guaranteed regular in the side, and for that I would suspect he could become captain this season.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

It has to be Berardi for me. Strange how TC said it's up to the players.. ok, that means TC, that whoever they decide, will now have to be the first on the teamsheet, bit daft if you ask me. I don't want Bridcutt as captain as that means he'll be partnered by Klich and that leaves Phillips, Vieira and O'Kane out. I'd be more worried if Cooper is made captain :?
dunboyne white
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunboyne white »

In the Press Conference he referred to having several captains - something might have been lost between what he was thinking and how he translated to English, but I think his idea is that the players will elect a "club captain" but there will be several potential matchday captains depending on the team selection.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

dunboyne white wrote:In the Press Conference he referred to having several captains - something might have been lost between what he was thinking and how he translated to English, but I think his idea is that the players will elect a "club captain" but there will be several potential matchday captains depending on the team selection.
Very continental approach that.
I know that across mainland Europe, the idea of a captain at all isn't something they get worked up about. For most national sides it's usually just the player in the team with the most caps.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Liam Cooper captain v Bolton, obviously not long term though.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.