This season's captain

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

This season's captain

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Who should it be ?
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: This seasons captain

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Someone we haven't yet signed .. OR Jansson, to calm him down.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Liam Bridcutt but perhaps he's too prone to injury.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My choice would be Chris Wood he already captains New Zealand so someone thinks he's captaincy material.
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

All depends on the manager's preferred first XI I think. Can't see Jansson being leadership material personally but Rigger's idea could be a good one. If Bridcutt is a regular then I've no qualms with that, same with Hernandez possibly too... The captaincy isn't that relevant these days, not like it used to be, but I'd prefer a midfielder to be captain as they're literally in the middle of things so it's easier to get your point across to individual players. Your keeper should be 'captain' of the defence too, and Green is perfect for that.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

NottinghamWhite wrote:My choice would be Chris Wood he already captains New Zealand so someone thinks he's captaincy material.
He's their best player, so IMO it's probably why he's the captain. I would like to see Berardi as captain. He wears his heart on his sleeve and as Leeds fans it's something we all adore.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

DominanceUK wrote: I would like to see Berardi as captain. He wears his heart on his sleeve and as Leeds fans it's something we all adore.
I nearly said him because he's the best candidate at the club but didn't because he might not play every week.
He's an international, he's the right age, he leads by example and he's also never less than a 7/10 performer, game in, game out.

Ideally, we'll have a new left-back and Ayling should start on the right, but if we don't sign another centre-half better than Coops I can see Luke and Pontus being our regular partnership with Gaetano at right-back.

I've been wondering if we could convert him into a defensive midfielder, though ?
He's got all the right attributes, after all.

Question is, would he turn into the new Phillip Lahm or the old Phillip Neville ? :wtf:
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

rigger wrote:
DominanceUK wrote: I would like to see Berardi as captain. He wears his heart on his sleeve and as Leeds fans it's something we all adore.
I nearly said him because he's the best candidate at the club but didn't because he might not play every week.
He's an international, he's the right age, he leads by example and he's also never less than a 7/10 performer, game in, game out.

Ideally, we'll have a new left-back and Ayling should start on the right, but if we don't sign another centre-half better than Coops I can see Luke and Pontus being our regular partnership with Gaetano at right-back.

I've been wondering if we could convert him into a defensive midfielder, though ?
He's got all the right attributes, after all.

Question is, would he turn into the new Phillip Lahm or the old Phillip Neville ? :wtf:
That's a good point Rigz, something I've not really considered tbh. Just giving a quick thought I'd probably not want him as a DMF purely because he would likely get booked more or even sent off more due to his tenacity. For me, he's the first name on the team sheet.
rss1969

Re: This season's captain

Post by rss1969 »

I think that Rob Green would be a decent choice.

Right age, right experience and on the back of a good season.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: This season's captain

Post by Selby White »

Green, Wood, Bridcutt and Ayling are all a good shout but my vote would sit in the Beradi camp.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.