Dale Fan In Peace...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
rafc1968
Giddy Kipper

Dale Fan In Peace...

Post by rafc1968 »

Evening all just wanted to come on and offer a few pointers about us.

Looking at some of the threads on here the main talking point seems to be about allocation of seats etc.

Rochdale houses Away fans in the wilbutts lane stand which houses 3600.
However I am pretty sure that the clowns that are GMP will have a big say in what goes on.
Can probably see this being reduced to 3200-3400 for segregation etc.One topic that has been discussed on our board is that they may think (If supply demands) giving you guys the standing terrace as well (Sandy Lane) which holds around 1800. So potentially an allocation of 5k.

Pubs will probably be told by GMP to close so drinking places will be few and far between, however you can get drink in your stand and possibly in Studds Bar and the Ratcliffe Arms next to the away end.

Parking is a Mare so use the school at Oulder Hill 5 Mins away.

Anyway looking forward to it.
Any questions post on here as I will keep checking

Merry Christmas

Oh and

Up The Dale :wave:
Deleted User 130

Re: Dale Fan In Peace...

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Up the Dale (except in the Cup), I think you mean :D Ta for posting.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum I read on one Dale forum today that this was the biggest game he had seen in his 30 years watching Rochdale. Our fans will make a lot of noise but are not the same fans that followed the club during the 80's or they probably are but have now grown up :D

On our Official Site we are been told it's being played on Sunday can you confirm this ?
Winner of the Europa League
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Will the roads be gritted?

Might we expect to skate on Littleborough lake in January?

Do you sing songs by our Gracie?

Why is it called Spotland?

Is your pitch in good fettle, suitable for a high tempo passing game, or is it more agricultural, suitable for our plan A?

Is the local beer John Willie Lees these days or do you have a nice hoppy organic micro ale up your sleeves?

Do you have much pace in your team or can I sleep easy?

Are you pleased with the draw, LUFC plum or just a diversion on your way to Wembley?

I'm chuffed to death with the draw myself, I hope it puts a few quid in your bank balance and we see a typical rip snorting cup tie which is in the balance until the last few minutes. You can't beat sudden death football. Good luck :thumbup:
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
rafc1968
Giddy Kipper

Post by rafc1968 »

Hi
I think from our view these types of game have certainly been few and far between over the years.

We spent a couple of seasons in L1 when we had some pretty decent followings from Sheff w ,Sheff Utd And huddersfield.
But in terms of potential this one is right up there and is definately a Bannana Skin for you guys.
Now whilst I dont expect us to stick 3 or 4 past you, I know it will be a cracking game whatever.

Apparently a decision is being made over today and tomorrow with regards to when the tie is played.
We are hoping that the game is picked for TV and therfore could potentially be a Sunday game.

Have to admit that the element that follows (ed) Leeds was a touch concerning as I know we are quite a family club and very rarely get any grief, oh apart from the idiots from Sheff W a couple of seasons ago.
Cheers
rafc1968
Giddy Kipper

Post by rafc1968 »

Will the roads be gritted?
Yes

Might we expect to skate on Littleborough lake in January?
Probably Best Not

Do you sing songs by our Gracie?
Only After A Few

Why is it called Spotland?

Is your pitch in good fettle, suitable for a high tempo passing game, or is it more agricultural, suitable for our plan A?
Pitch is as good if not better than some Premier League Pitches.

Is the local beer John Willie Lees these days or do you have a nice hoppy organic micro ale up your sleeves?
Still John Willies there are a few pubs (Which May Be Closed) that do some real good guest ales.

Do you have much pace in your team or can I sleep easy?
I would say they are a great mixture and can certainly show most teams a yard or 2.

Are you pleased with the draw, LUFC plum or just a diversion on your way to Wembley?
Absolutely delighted Love playing Big Yorkshire clubs as they are so well followed.(Please no Di-=S) Just spoils it all.

I'm chuffed to death with the draw myself, I hope it puts a few quid in your bank balance and we see a typical rip snorting cup tie which is in the balance until the last few minutes. You can't beat sudden death football. Good luck

Here Here :clap:
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Keith Hill has a good record against us, lets hope we can turn the tables on him.

In the grand scheme, I don't place much importance on the FA Cup, but like past years, if we progress and get a plum tie in the 4th round we could make some decent money.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Thanks for posting & answering questions, rafc1968. Think it should be a good game, this one.
Malcolm Stark
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Malcolm Stark »

The beloved Adrian Durham said that Rochdale v Leeds was the third-most exciting match in the Third round tonight.

In fairness it all looks very dull beneath those top three...
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

It also looks dull at Durham's 1 and 2. I can't think of a single English football game which doesn't involve
LUFC which excites me tbh. I haven't bothered with MOTD for a few years as a result.

I'm alway's chipping away for Arsenal but only cos I'd like to see Wenger add more trophies to his success managing the whole club. Many things have turned me away from neutral club football, Durham is one of them. I love Hawksby and Jacobs but the rest of the Talk Sport empire seems to spend its time working towards sacking some manager or other or, in the case of Collymore (for example), hectoring me.

Football is a game now played to provide an analytical vehicle for a whole host of pundits and their telephone/tweeting audience. The way pundits, sat in a warm studio, often with no obvious football expertise, hunt failing managers is a scandal IMO. Football technology strengthens their hand of course. Analysis of the analysis in the studio/front rooms of a England while the game rocks on in the ground.

Adrian Durham into room 101 with all his cronies.

Apologies Mr Stark, Durham,not you, is my target ;)

Ps: and don't mention broadsheets, I've taken the same paper for nearly 40 years even though it's coverage of The FL is virtually non existent. Meanwhile the paper (papers actually cos it's sister on Sunday is no better) hypocritically talks about inclusiveness on every other page :D
Last edited by Mellor on 10 Dec 2013, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente