Alfie Haaland and Dom Poleon

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
vikingleeds
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Alfie Haaland and Dom Poleon

Post by vikingleeds »

Alfie Haaland made a decent joke on Facebook recently: "Just tried the new Man Utd sledge. Damn, it goes downwards fast!"

on another note dominic poleon just made my day a the other day when he tweeted a picture of a homeless bloke whom he gave some nice warm cloths to whear in the cold weather

SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Alfie Haaland and Dom Poleon

Post by SMorientes »

Nice to see that, helping someone out off his own back, not just because it's a club initiative.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

vikingleeds wrote:Alfie Haaland made a decent joke on Facebook recently: "Just tried the new Man Utd sledge. Damn, it goes downwards fast!"
My wife has just bought a Manchester United flower arrangement. It looks great in the middle of the table! :lol:
We're on our way to....
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Nice gesture. However, I long for the day that I find out about a charitable deed of a footballer from someone who's shared it against the footballer's will. Not sure how many of us stop for a photo taking opportunity half way through a charitable act, and then go to twitter or instagram to make it public. Reminds me of the celebrities who say they'll donate X amount of pennies for every time their post is RTd or shared. Do it for yourself, not for an audience.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

I think the expression on D P's face says more than enough, he seems genuinely glad to have given to a good cause (I hope) and sometimes people do give because it's a pleasant thing to do.

Anyway, hearing/seeing this makes a pleasant change to the Twitter gossip often posted, like for instance the reports of Leeds players being pished up on a flight to Dublin last weekend. I agree that sometimes 'celebrities' like to get the good publicity, but sometimes like in this case with DP, I think it's harmless and not a cheap attempt at getting good press.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Bogdan wrote:Nice gesture. However, I long for the day that I find out about a charitable deed of a footballer from someone who's shared it against the footballer's will. Not sure how many of us stop for a photo taking opportunity half way through a charitable act, and then go to twitter or instagram to make it public. Reminds me of the celebrities who say they'll donate X amount of pennies for every time their post is RTd or shared. Do it for yourself, not for an audience.
If they don't make it public then only 1 person in need , help or support will will benifit from the deed. This kind of good will may well be followed by 100 or 1,000 other people and that will make a difference to a lot of peoples lives.
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Perhaps that is so, although personally I'm not convinced that many of the people who choose to post their charitable acts have this in mind when publicising it. For a little-known cause, I could understand it, but don't think one needs a public figure drawing their attention to people like this who could be helped. But yes, I accept that it might spur on the odd person to ponder it and do something about it.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I hope the poor bugger doesn't get mugged.
SMorientes

Post by SMorientes »

"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Last edited by MOT1964 on 30 Dec 2013, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.