Kalvin Phillips

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Kalvin Phillips

Post by Leonickroberts »

Another Northern Soul wrote:What about Sacko though lads? :P
:lol:

It's a bit demoralising the stick they get, when you think that a few years ago we were watching Michael Brown shank it in the air then Danny Pugh fall over, while Luke Varney very slowly 'sprinted'' into the linesman, I'm not convinced Cooper and Sacko (sp :)) deserve the abuse they often receive.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Leonickroberts wrote:
:lol:

It's a bit demoralising the stick they get, when you think that a few years ago we were watching Michael Brown shank it in the air then Danny Pugh fall over, while Luke Varney very slowly 'sprinted'' into the linesman, I'm not convinced Cooper and Sacko (sp :)) deserve the abuse they often receive.
I was joking about Sacko as there seems to be a few versions of his surname :P No player deserves crap IMO if they give their all for the team.

Dallas has, by all accounts, been exceptional in pre-season so it was a big surprise he wasn't even on the bench v BW. We will always have Doukara's goal to cherish, genuinely one of the best strikes seen at ER I reckon, but I don't think we need him and I don't think he's good enough either, despite that goal. He did well last season overall.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I'll keep it clean this time. Sacko f Potatoes or at least he played like one in his cameo the other night. :D

I said to my mate that Phillips as slimmed down abit. He says he's the same? Anyone else observed if he looks thinner. Personally I always thought he seemed abit too bulky.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
I'll keep it clean this time. Sacko f Potatoes or at least he played like one in his cameo the other night. :D

I said to my mate that Phillips as slimmed down abit. He says he's the same? Anyone else observed if he looks thinner. Personally I always thought he seemed abit too bulky.
Again, it was a facetious question brought on by the at least 3 different spellings of our Sacko's name just on this thread :wave: :thumbup: ;)
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Definitely wrong to judge Sacko on 10 minutes v Bolton. It's always hard to come on and get with the pace of the game. They must see something in him to sign him permanently. Doukara is not and never will be good enough in my opinion. He's clumsy and slow. He won't fit in to this new order.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Deleted User 3289

Another Northern Soul wrote:

Again, it was a facetious question brought on by the at least 3 different spellings of our Sacko's name just on this thread :wave: :thumbup: ;)
I know that why I answered it the way I did? :thumbup:

It seems it caused abit of commotion on the other thread resulting in Victor quitting. Opinions are just different points of view, and were all entitled to one! :crazy:
Deleted User 3289

phil62 wrote:Definitely wrong to judge Sacko on 10 minutes v Bolton. It's always hard to come on and get with the pace of the game. They must see something in him to sign him permanently. Doukara is not and never will be good enough in my opinion. He's clumsy and slow. He won't fit in to this new order.
He didn't play well tho phil. That's just the point. Nothing malicious in it other than abit of humour, trust me when he has a blinder, I will be the first one singing his praises. :thumbup: (notice I did say when, not if) :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

phil62 wrote:Definitely wrong to judge Sacko on 10 minutes v Bolton. It's always hard to come on and get with the pace of the game. They must see something in him to sign him permanently. Doukara is not and never will be good enough in my opinion. He's clumsy and slow. He won't fit in to this new order.
He didn't play well tho phil. That's just the point. Nothing malicious in it other than abit of humour, trust me when he has a blinder, I will be the first one singing his praises. :thumbup: (notice I did say when, not if) :D
No issues with anyone criticizing him, he was rubbish for those few minutes he was on the pitch, but some jokes aren't 'helpful' and you know as well as anyone mate ;) that we try to keep it clean on here. I know you'll take that in the positive spirit it's intended, anyone leaving the forum over this or mild criticism of their comments has overreacted IMHO.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
No issues with anyone criticizing him, he was rubbish for those few minutes he was on the pitch, but some jokes aren't 'helpful' and you know as well as anyone mate ;) that we try to keep it clean on here. I know you'll take that in the positive spirit it's intended, anyone leaving the forum over this or mild criticism of their comments has overreacted IMHO.
Right I'm off ! and I'm taking my ball.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders