How did Haidi Sacko once have a £60M release clause?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 4758

How did Haidi Sacko once have a £60M release clause?

Post by Deleted User 4758 »

I'm sorry but this guy is not very good is he? We saw last season that he has no end product. What good is pace if you don't know what to do when you get where you need to be? I do not rate this guy at all. I hope he can prove me wrong...
Deleted User 728

Re: How did Haidi Sacko once have a £60M release clause?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Like a poor man's Walcott, isn't he ?
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

With his pace he is exciting if he gets some skills n control he would be well worth 50mill ,for 1.5 mill it's worth a punt to see if TC can find some skills in him
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Victor_NG17 wrote:I'm sorry but this guy is not very good is he? We saw last season that he has no end product. What good is pace if you don't know what to do when you get where you need to be? I do not rate this guy at all. I hope he can prove me wrong...
Firstly, Clubs in Spain and Portugal are legally obliged to build buy-out clauses into all players contracts. Even if they're not particularly promising, the clauses are usually big enough, just in case they come good. Secondly, he was dire when he came on today, but that's the first competitive touches of the ball he's had for months. He's still got blistering pace and terrifies defenders most of the time, let's give the lad a chance. It's not like we're lacking attacking players to replace him with if not.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Well said I like him !
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Not sure threads like this are that encouraging for a player, especially when we have the various transfer/squad discussions going on.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't have brought him back, but he really does love Leeds United and is a genuine option from the bench.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Hmmm, he's not a favourite of mine, but IMHO don't think it's fair to single him out in a thread of his own.
Still gets me animated when he comes on tho. There's always the possibility he'll do something different... regardless of what that is :shifty:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by new signing »

Had an absolute torrid when he came on in this match but im not about to ditch the bloke over ten minutes of football
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

He had a shocker, big deal, genuinely to me looked like a substitute who wasn't ready to come on!
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

:D He wasn't very good yesterday at all, but he's the type of player who will have 3-4 worldy games throughout the season and win us the game on his own. (Oh yes he will) :shifty: