How did Haidi Sacko once have a £60M release clause?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: How did Haidi Sacko once have a £60M release clause?

Post by Selby White »

new signing wrote:Had an absolute torrid when he came on in this match but im not about to ditch the bloke over ten minutes of football
Exactly :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Victor_NG17 wrote:I'm sorry but this guy is not very good is he? We saw last season that he has no end product. What good is pace if you don't know what to do when you get where you need to be? I do not rate this guy at all. I hope he can prove me wrong...
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Sacko's pace terrifies defences in this league, especially as a lot of them are slow. Bringing him on for the last 10/15 minutes to run at tired defences is a good move.
kennyb41
YELLOW CARDED

Post by kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote:
Victor_NG17 wrote:I'm sorry but this guy is not very good is he? We saw last season that he has no end product. What good is pace if you don't know what to do when you get where you need to be? I do not rate this guy at all. I hope he can prove me wrong...
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Sacko's pace terrifies defences in this league, especially as a lot of them are slow. Bringing him on for the last 10/15 minutes to run at tired defences is a good move.
:wtf: :shock: Human life never ceases to astound me,let's put it this way,if i was a defender faced with having this guy come on for the last 15 minutes to run at me,I would let him do just that,but he wouldn't be running at me,I would just stroll up field and get prepared for the goalkick,but also bare in mind that i may have to take a throw in.
Terror would be so far away an emotion,you can't feel terror whilst splitting your sides with laughter.

I know,I won't be proved wrong.
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Karolkarol »

Winning with 10 minutes left, I'd bring on Stuart Dallas every day of the week over Sacko, more solid, more responsible, can get up and down the pitch and in good form.

*Yes I know he wasn't on the bench yesterday*
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Football is a game of opinions as is this forum but think it would be best if members didn't use abusive terms for players whatever your thoughts.
"Sacko f shyte" is not really a way of starting decent debate.
Personally I'm happy for people to criticise any player if that's what they want to do but using abusive terms just doesn't sit right.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

If we managed to not abuse Bellusci then I'm sure we can afford even better treatment for someone like Sacko :D
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

I still have faith in the lad as do the club, lets see where he is as the season progresses
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

He's a nice guy, but a team going for promotion need the best possible players in the squad.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

SG90 wrote:
Couldn't agree.

If it was Sacko's debut yesterday I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but it wasn't. His form for us has been bad for quite a while now. As has been mentioned earlier, if any opponent has done their homework, on current form, they would be delighted to see Sacko come on. He cannot get past anyone, he can't cross or shoot accurately, his passing and control is poor. He will lose possession and when you looking to close out a game he should be one of the last players you bring on.

People have probably been over emotional and nasty in there response to his performance. I know he was driving me mad watching yesterday. However, the fact remains that at this point in time he hasn't done enough to be near this team. TC should step him down for now and let him get his touch and confidence back. Then he could be a real threat. Now he is a negative that a new look Leeds team could really live without.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Reportedly had a v good pre season, if that's the case then he deserved to be involved. It didn't pay off but to state he 'cannot' get past etc etc is wrong and OTT negativity IMO.