How did Haidi Sacko once have a £60M release clause?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: How did Haidi Sacko once have a £60M release clause?

Post by Emley White »

For whatever reason yesterday he just didn't look right. It wasn't because he is sh... like some people cruelly suggest, the lad has obviously got talent because on occasions we've witnessed it. He should have been on fire using his pace to get down the line taking on his man and either getting the ball across or using up minutes with some smart play but he looked a bit lacklustre and to me that was odd? I really want him to do well and if he doesn't he's gonna struggle to even get a place on the bench so hopefully yesterday's cameo was a blip and he can start producing something special a la Sheff Wednesday away last season or a few of the other early games when he looked a decent player. Good luck Hadi!
Deleted User 4758

Post by Deleted User 4758 »

I am not going to respond to those who seem to think I only post negative comments nor will I respond to those who think I am slating Sacko. I was merely asking why or how someone somewhere thought he was worth £60M? If this is the type of forum where you are slated for asking a legitimate question; I'm better off not posting again. I know how forums work, I know how 'online buddies' stick together. I thought my question was innocent and legitimate. No need for anyone to be rude...

I just hope Sacko can show more than what we have seen. he wasn't even that great last year...
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Victor_NG17 wrote:I am not going to respond to those who seem to think I only post negative comments nor will I respond to those who think I am slating Sacko. I was merely asking why or how someone somewhere thought he was worth £60M? If this is the type of forum where you are slated for asking a legitimate question; I'm better off not posting again. I know how forums work, I know how 'online buddies' stick together. I thought my question was innocent and legitimate. No need for anyone to be rude...

I just hope Sacko can show more than what we have seen. he wasn't even that great last year...
He was given a massive buyout clause (see my previous reply re Spanish/Portuguese laws on these) when he was 19, and had been signed as an extremely promising young player. This isn't remotely unusual on the Iberian peninsula - buyout clauses rarely represent the market value of the player. He might not have turned into the player they thought he would, but a) how many young talents do? and b) he's still a good, if raw and deeply inconsistent player. I think the reaction on here (and if there are any cliques I'm not aware of them, and definitely not in them) was more because the lad had a bad 9 minute spell in which he really only buggered up 3 times, so your reaction was a bit OTT! He might end up being total rubbish, dropping down the leagues, and disappearing, but given he's 23, fast, strong, and technically capable (when he's not thinking about what he's doing) we're a long way from that point yet. Give the lad a chance. :)
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

White Knight wrote:
SG90 wrote:
Victor_NG17 wrote:I'm sorry but this guy is not very good is he? We saw last season that he has no end product. What good is pace if you don't know what to do when you get where you need to be? I do not rate this guy at all. I hope he can prove me wrong...
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Sacko's pace terrifies defences in this league, especially as a lot of them are slow. Bringing him on for the last 10/15 minutes to run at tired defences is a good move.
Couldn't agree.

If it was Sacko's debut yesterday I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but it wasn't. His form for us has been bad for quite a while now. As has been mentioned earlier, if any opponent has done their homework, on current form, they would be delighted to see Sacko come on. He cannot get past anyone, he can't cross or shoot accurately, his passing and control is poor. He will lose possession and when you looking to close out a game he should be one of the last players you bring on.

People have probably been over emotional and nasty in there response to his performance. I know he was driving me mad watching yesterday. However, the fact remains that at this point in time he hasn't done enough to be near this team. TC should step him down for now and let him get his touch and confidence back. Then he could be a real threat. Now he is a negative that a new look Leeds team could really live without.
He came on for what 5 minutes? He didn't cost us any points. It seems some fans are just desperate to have a scapegoat all the time and blame someone, this season it's Sacko.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

I know I'm not looking for a scapegoat or someone to blame. I'd love to see Sacko blaze down the wing and turn opponents inside out. At the moment he just doesn't look close to doing this. I don't want to crucify him for lack of form. Let him find his form and be a real addition when he's selected, rather than being viewed as a weak link, which he is currently.
kennyb41
YELLOW CARDED

Post by kennyb41 »

So simple,this guy just dosen't cut it in this league,is playing with no confidence at all and as for the overly stated speed he has,i've yet to see it....the only plus point at all i can see is,he tracks back well,but jeez we need alot more than that,get him with those others in the 23's and work him,about 5 of them in there now must be streets ahead of him.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Victor_NG17 wrote:I am not going to respond to those who seem to think I only post negative comments nor will I respond to those who think I am slating Sacko. I was merely asking why or how someone somewhere thought he was worth £60M? If this is the type of forum where you are slated for asking a legitimate question; I'm better off not posting again. I know how forums work, I know how 'online buddies' stick together. I thought my question was innocent and legitimate. No need for anyone to be rude...

Which 'buddies' are you meaning, I've seen some posts agreeing with criticisms of him and others disagreeing but no ganging up or whatever. True though, no need for anyone to be rude on this forum.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Who was rude, me? Just for pointing out the negativity and slating of a player just after we'd won a match. Apologies if that's being rude, but there was no need for the thread imo.
Deleted User 4758

Post by Deleted User 4758 »

SG90 wrote:Who was rude, me? Just for pointing out the negativity and slating of a player just after we'd won a match. Apologies if that's being rude, but there was no need for the thread imo.
You do come across as having an attitude. I've spent many years on forums and you get to know people by the way they type. Who are you to say that this thread should not be here? I'm not trying to start a fight but why can I not ask this question? I don't even know who you are! Do you make the rules here?
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Victor_NG17 wrote:
SG90 wrote:Who was rude, me? Just for pointing out the negativity and slating of a player just after we'd won a match. Apologies if that's being rude, but there was no need for the thread imo.
You do come across as having an attitude. I've spent many years on forums and you get to know people by the way they type. Who are you to say that this thread should not be here? I'm not trying to start a fight but why can I not ask this question? I don't even know who you are! Do you make the rules here?
Nope just a Leeds fan to come on here to discuss the game and happy we'd won. If you wanted to slate Sacko, for all of his five mins on the pitch, you could have used the match thread.