Seating at ER

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SuperJimmy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Seating at ER

Post by SuperJimmy »

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a question that has been asked and talked about ad nauseam. Further apologies if this is within the incorrect topic, did my best to find answers elsewhere but nothing comprehensive online.

Going to ER on the 23rd September for first game in 13 years, last went when I was a kid and sat in the family stand.

Goes without saying that I would rather not sit in the family stand this time around, from looking online it is either South or North subject to availability, I'm more concerned with atmosphere than view, like to be stood for the game if possible.

However, I would like to be able to see the whole pitch, and I have noticed for example that for the Fulham game some seats in the North stand have a 'restricted view' (I'm looking at N7, N12 etc). I'll be trying to get tickets as early as possible for the Ipswich game and hopefully avoid a restricted view seat, but if someone could let me know just how restricted the view is from those seats that would be very helpful. The majority of season tickets left in the North Stand also seem to have a restricted view.

Apart from that restricted view question, just a general comparison between North and South would be very helpful, or am I being too narrow minded and is there a good atmosphere in other parts of the ground as well?

Thanks guys.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Seating at ER

Post by Barlow Boy »

Hi SJ,

You're right, this subject has been done to exhaustion, but seen as it's you :D.

If you are looking for the best atmosphere (and standing), then your choice are as you say North or South stand. Personally, my season ticket is on the second row of the North Stand in N9 with an unrestricted/excellent view. I prefer to look down on the action, rather than 'player level', so it's perfect for me. The atmosphere is great, plenty of singing etc and good banter too.

I think N7 and N12 are in the Upper sections towards the corners, I've not ventured over there before, but there might be some posts blocking a little bit of the action the further up in the stand you go, but nothing drastic (perhaps someone else can confirm that ?).

No doubt the South Stand is a touch 'lively' :D, although I'm not sure of the season ticket occupancy in there, but it might be very high even 100%, so you might not have any options there. However, if the sales go well, I'm sure I've seen something about FA6 opening, which is obviously smack bang next to the away supporters, you will be lower down but the atmosphere will be fantastic.

Any more questions, just let us know pal.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SuperJimmy

Post by SuperJimmy »

Thanks very much mate! Exactly what I was after.

Yeah I knew this would be the x-hundredth time that this question has been answered :D , I did try! Searching within the forum and online I just didn't see anything conclusive or up to date.

Thanks again, and yeah if anyone knows anything about the 'restricted view' seats in the North Stand, they all seem to be right at the back. When you click the 'view from this area' function on the Leeds website it seems completely clear to me, so maybe a skinny pole or something coming down, or perhaps the roof? If no one knows no bother as I'll be there on the 23rd to see for myself.

Cheers!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

From what I've read elsewhere they are trying to get something atmosphere going in the Cheesewedge (SE corner ) as far as I'm aware there are no restricted views either. Just as an alternative.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:From what I've read elsewhere they are trying to get something atmosphere going in the Cheesewedge (SE corner ) as far as I'm aware there are no restricted views either. Just as an alternative.
Good point NW, and it did look lively in there on Saturday.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SuperJimmy

Post by SuperJimmy »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:From what I've read elsewhere they are trying to get something atmosphere going in the Cheesewedge (SE corner ) as far as I'm aware there are no restricted views either. Just as an alternative.
Good point NW, and it did look lively in there on Saturday.
Cheers guys, much appreciated.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I had a wander over to N7 and N12 for you last night SJ, the views are very decent to be fair.

However, the further back you go, the more the poles/posts start to impede on your view. I'd be happy to be in there, but certainly need to be nearer the front of the stand than back.