Burton game...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Burton game...

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:
No idea about any of your players.
I thought that was either arrogant or ignorant and couldn't decide which .. then I realised I really didn't care :yawn:
The whole thing was written with provocative arrogance, but you're right, it just came across as try-hard. I won't be tarring Burton as a club, or their fans, as a result of this goon.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think most of us could say something about at least one or two players from every team if we had a squad sheet presented to us.

The OP has clearly come in here to showcase his comedic writing talents .. and sadly failed, IMHO.

Just another internet WUM by the looks of it ..
Funky
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Funky »

Just to answer a couple of points, it is through ignorance that I do not know any of your players, my apologies. I have looked at the squad and I recognise Kemar Roofe, we played against him lower down in the leagues.

When you come to Burton I am sure you will sell out, it will cost you £20 to stand and £24 for a seat.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Funky wrote:Just to answer a couple of points, it is through ignorance that I do not know any of your players, my apologies. I have looked at the squad and I recognise Kemar Roofe, we played against him lower down in the leagues.

When you come to Burton I am sure you will sell out, it will cost you £20 to stand and £24 for a seat.
To be fair pal, it could be £50 and £54 and we'd sell out.

How has Luke Murphy done for you this season, I see he is a regular starter ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Funky

Post by Funky »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Funky wrote:Just to answer a couple of points, it is through ignorance that I do not know any of your players, my apologies. I have looked at the squad and I recognise Kemar Roofe, we played against him lower down in the leagues.

Murphy has been excellent, for many the player of the season so far. He has certainly appeared to benefit from a full pre season. It will be interesting to see where he plays after the Leeds game, he has tended to be one of the sitting defensive midfielders, but I suspect he may get a more prominent role when he returns to the team, possible taking up the 'box to box' role that jackson Irvine had before his transfer to Hull. I suspect that Murphy is talented enough to contribute more in an attacking sense.
Funky

Post by Funky »

rigger wrote:I think most of us could say something about at least one or two players from every team if we had a squad sheet presented to us.

The OP has clearly come in here to showcase his comedic writing talents .. and sadly failed, IMHO.

Just another internet WUM by the looks of it ..
I had to google WUM :D

So I don't have a career as a comedian? Ah well.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

You might need to work on it a bit, but I'm so glad you took it constructively, mate ;)

Welcome to the forum !
Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from your games against us of course :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Funky wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Murphy has been excellent, for many the player of the season so far. He has certainly appeared to benefit from a full pre season. It will be interesting to see where he plays after the Leeds game, he has tended to be one of the sitting defensive midfielders, but I suspect he may get a more prominent role when he returns to the team, possible taking up the 'box to box' role that jackson Irvine had before his transfer to Hull. I suspect that Murphy is talented enough to contribute more in an attacking sense.
Always rated him for us, scored the odd goal for us too. I'll keep an eye for him through the season, I doubt we will ever see him in a Leeds shirt again.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

You do know we played each other last season too, don't you? Ayling, Cooper, are still here and I'd be surprised if Burton haven't played against either of them in past seasons.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Only bit about that write up that annoyed me was:

Yes, within our budget, remember we actually run to a budget rather than foolishly overspending, we have recruited well. Time will tell whether it will be good enough.

We are the kings of running BELOW budget. We have sold every decent player bought or produced by us over the last 14 years and been thoroughly fleeced by various owners during that time.

A bit of homework prior to posting on another club fans forum would go well but I do wish Burton well (apart from Saturday).