Burton game...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Funky
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Re: Burton game...

Post by Funky »

rss1969 wrote:Only bit about that write up that annoyed me was:

Yes, within our budget, remember we actually run to a budget rather than foolishly overspending, we have recruited well. Time will tell whether it will be good enough.

We are the kings of running BELOW budget. We have sold every decent player bought or produced by us over the last 14 years and been thoroughly fleeced by various owners during that time.

A bit of homework prior to posting on another club fans forum would go well but I do wish Burton well (apart from Saturday).
I thought you turned in a near £9 million loss in the last published accounts?

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-8457967
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Funky wrote:

Yes, within our budget, remember we actually run to a budget rather than foolishly overspending, we have recruited well. Time will tell whether it will be good enough.

We are the kings of running BELOW budget. We have sold every decent player bought or produced by us over the last 14 years and been thoroughly fleeced by various owners during that time.

A bit of homework prior to posting on another club fans forum would go well but I do wish Burton well (apart from Saturday).

If you're really trying to slag our club off then it might be worth your doing some actual research as to why we have been in debt for so long :thumbup:
Funky

Post by Funky »

If your player wage bill was similar to Burton's you would have made a profit. Choices, choices.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Funky wrote:If your player wage bill was similar to Burton's you would have made a profit. Choices, choices.
As I say, try doing some actual research to support your criticism of our club, don't keep on digging as it looks churlish and foolish on your part. :thumbup:
Sechwa
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sechwa »

Funky wrote:Burton fan here, we were asked to provide some answers for the programme. Apparently this response missed the deadline. Shame really, it may have been a bit refreshing...

Welcome to Elland Road! The transfer window has slammed shut, and we’re now very much into the full swing of things for the season. Are you looking forward to the game against Leeds United today?

Not at all, in fact I am not there. I refuse to pay £37/£42 to watch my team at an away ground. You should be ashamed charging that kind of price. Without the fans, football is dead. Are you trying to kill it?

Currently occupying fourth bottom of the table, how much confidence do you have of getting your first away victory of the season at Elland Road?

No more than at any other ground we go to this season. We spanked you at our place at the end of last season but you are one of the teams that will be right up there. I’d take a point, but then again, as Huddersfield found last season, there are always a few surprise results.

Teams can often be rejuvenated after the transfer deadline closes, with new faces giving a fresh boost to squads across the league. Has Nigel Clough been able to strengthen enough to start picking up more wins than defeats?

Can you pick out a key threat for the Brewers today, and tell me why you see them as a problem for the home fans?

Not really, it is all about the team for us, we don’t really have a star player. If I had to identify anyone I would go with Sean Scannell…

And similarly for Leeds United, who is the player that you’re looking at and thinking “he could really cause us problems”?

No idea about any of your players.

Score prediction:

18-0 to the Brewers, I always go for 18-0, I have never been right, yet…

Thanks! Only 500 words (including my questions) so don't need huge answers, but enough to be substantial.
First one to come back with something decent and a picture gets to go in!
Unnecessarily aggressive/provocative.
Leeds United researcher at Football Manager
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Funky wrote:

That 9m loss is only because we are still paying off the rental contract on Ridsdale's goldfish.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:That 9m loss is only because we are still paying off the rental contract on Ridsdale's goldfish.
Don't forget that bulk order of imported Italian tinned tomatoes that Massimo bought, John. I'm sure that can't have helped ..
Funky

Post by Funky »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Funky wrote:If your player wage bill was similar to Burton's you would have made a profit. Choices, choices.
As I say, try doing some actual research to support your criticism of our club, don't keep on digging as it looks churlish and foolish on your part. :thumbup:
I understand there are historical, structural costs which are detrimental to your club. But your player wage bill was £16 ish million. You could have slashed that down to £6 or £7 million and broken even.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

How do you know that ??

How do you know what our club could or couldn't have done when you say yourself you know so little about us ??

Seriously, you're swinging from light-hearted banter to provocative BS here and I'm not sure what your real reason is for coming in here ..
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

I always had a soft spot for Burton. I remember when they used to sponsor our kit...

PS. Don't feed the troll.