Wilbur Cush

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
GeorgeRuddell
Giddy Kipper

Wilbur Cush

Post by GeorgeRuddell »

Hello Everyone

I am presently writing a book on the life and career of Wilbur Cush, Leeds' star half-back / inside-forward of the late 1950s. I am trying to make contact with Leeds fans who have memories of his three years at Elland Road. Perhaps you or a family member saw him play a particular game / saw him score a particular goal. Maybe you or a friend met him / asked him for an autograph.

I would be delighted to hear from anyone who has recollections or knows of others with recollections.

I very much appreciate your help, in anticipation.

George Ruddell
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Wilbur Cush

Post by Selby White »

Hi George,
Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of us on here remember the 70's and vaguely the 60's but your best bet for memories before that is probably one of our regular posters johnh.
I'm sure he will see this and post, if not it maybe worth sending him a pm.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

GeorgeRuddell wrote:Hello Everyone

I am presently writing a book on the life and career of Wilbur Cush, Leeds' star half-back / inside-forward of the late 1950s. I am trying to make contact with Leeds fans who have memories of his three years at Elland Road. Perhaps you or a family member saw him play a particular game / saw him score a particular goal. Maybe you or a friend met him / asked him for an autograph.

I would be delighted to hear from anyone who has recollections or knows of others with recollections.

I very much appreciate your help, in anticipation.

George Ruddell
PM me, George, I know an ex player who might have known Wilbur well enough to give you some quotes.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum now that's a book I'd buy :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:Hi George,
Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of us on here remember the 70's and vaguely the 60's but your best bet for memories before that is probably one of our regular posters johnh.
I'm sure he will see this and post, if not it maybe worth sending him a pm.
Yes, welcome in George. I started supporting Leeds in 1951 after moving from Liverpool aged 15. (supported Everton). Saw Wilbur Cush play on several occasions but, as I played football, only got to a handful of games each season. Plus a big gap when I did my National Service in Malaya (1955-57). I'm afraid I don't have any specific outstanding memories of Wilbur, just remember him as a stocky, hard-working right-half who always gave you 100%.
I once played against Don Revie.