Discipline

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dunboyne white
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Discipline

Post by dunboyne white »

I don't know if this has been picked up in any other thread, but among the many significant improvements from last season is a dramatic drop in yellow cards - just 6 so far from 8 competitive games, no reds at all - and no player has more than one booking. We would have taken is as a given that the likes of Jansson and Ayling would inevitably have a suspension or two over the season, but if this very impressive discipline can be maintained that may not be the case. The bookings so far belong to Ayling, Philips, Wiedwald, Hernandez, Anita and Vieira.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Discipline

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I said in a thread awhile ago how much Jansson has calmed down, whether it's down to TC or the player himself I don't know. But you are absolutely right the discipline within the side is excellent thus far let's hope it continues. Does this mean we will lose the Dirty Leeds tag ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

It's easy to avoid bookings when you're constantly on the attack! :)
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Otherworld wrote:It's easy to avoid bookings when you're constantly on the attack! :)
Was just going to say something along those lines. We aren't leaving ourselves in positions where we have to commit prof fouls very often due mainly to the fact we are in the main the side doing the probing. Same reason we haven't seen Felix do much!
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:. Does this mean we will lose the Dirty Leeds tag ;)
Of course not. Don't be silly. :D :angel: