In the Press

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: In the Press

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Barlow Boy wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9033331

What he says about sky is so very true.
Needs to get his facts right though, De Bock didn’t get any credit for the diagonal ball played into to Dallas which subsequently ended up as a goal, as it wasn’t him, it was Cooper.
There is a comment at the bottom of the page pointing out it wasnt De Bock but Cooper.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9033331

What he says about sky is so very true.
Needs to get his facts right though, De Bock didn’t get any credit for the diagonal ball played into to Dallas which subsequently ended up as a goal, as it wasn’t him, it was Cooper.
There is a comment at the bottom of the page pointing out it wasnt De Bock but Cooper.
I didn’t get that far down to be honest pal, but cheers :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Former Leeds United defender jailed for his part in 'shameful' £5 million apprenticeship fraud

Mark Aizlewood sinks to new low....

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds ... d-14340818
Rickoshea
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Rickoshea »

Did anyone catch BBC breakfast last Friday? A man is apparently most likely to have a heart attack when his football team have just won.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Rickoshea wrote:Did anyone catch BBC breakfast last Friday? A man is apparently most likely to have a heart attack when his football team have just won.
That explains why we're all in such robust health then :problem:
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Good article by David Prutton in the YEP:-

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9117038
Deleted User 728

I think that sums up how I feel about it all.

In a nutshell, he's saying he can see both sides of the story, from the fans' frustration at the poor results but also the manager's viewpoint of needing a clear-out, which is what most of us know needs to happen.

Thanks for posting that, SL :)
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

rigger wrote:I think that sums up how I feel about it all.

In a nutshell, he's saying he can see both sides of the story, from the fans' frustration at the poor results but also the manager's viewpoint of needing a clear-out, which is what most of us know needs to happen.

Prutton is bang on about the players, they had the chance to stand up and be counted and have not done what was asked of them. So they face being shown the door.

Nowl Whelan has been banging on about the players desire for weeks on Radio Leeds as well.
Deleted User 728

Without wishing to stir up the Heck debate again it does beg the question why so many people want him out given that's the obvious conclusion : they're not pulling their weight or playing to their potential.

The rot set in under TC for some reason (lack of leadership and/or discipline ?) but it continued under Heck so a large part of the blame should go to the players IMHO.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
rigger wrote:I think that sums up how I feel about it all.

Prutton is bang on about the players, they had the chance to stand up and be counted and have not done what was asked of them. So they face being shown the door.

Nowl Whelan has been banging on about the players desire for weeks on Radio Leeds as well.
I was laughing at Adam Pope's rant at Lasogga and Grot during the commentary of the Villa match, never heard him lose it before no matter how badly we've played.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.