In the Press

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 1076

Re: In the Press

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
IF Lonergan is playing it long then that must be an instruction?

It says in the article 85% of the time. If that's the case, either TC as no confidence in AL to play out from the back, or as you say its a instruction. If its the latter I would question the instruction. When I watched them against Brentford, AL seemed to be kicking out towards the wings, i'm not sure how many balls TC thinks either Roofe, Saiz or Alioiski will be winning in the air? The stat shows how many touches Lasogga has per game, so TC can't be saying lump it up to him.

I'm just struggling in my head with the way TC sets them up in the 4-2-3-1 formation, that lumping the ball forward from Lonergan is going to start a attack? The only thing I can think of is that he says press the knockdowns from one of their players and press high with the 3 but its not been working of late.

I meant Sunday by the way. :D
Keepers often kick towards the wings so if we don't win the ball it goes out, rather than giving them possession.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

From the BBC Football site : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42075303

Leeds friendly at Rhyl abandoned after brawl

A friendly between a Leeds United Under-23 team and Welsh side Rhyl FC was abandoned in the second half after a brawl between the two sets of players.

Leeds coach Carlos Corberan reportedly took his side off the field after punches were thrown.

Video footage shared on social media shows players from both clubs tangling before the Leeds players leave the pitch.

Rhyl FC say they will carry out an internal investigation.

Of the Leeds squad at Rhyl, only forward Eoghan Stokes has played for the first team

.. and that's it.
Not much in the way of investigative journalism but I don't know if there would even be reporters at a game at that level :problem:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Their number 4, Tony Davies, needs to have a real good look at himself this morning. A grown man, throwing punches at kids, should be banned for life.

Alternatively, let him visit the training ground for a day, I’m sure Pontus and Berardi will give him a warm welcome.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
woollywhite
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by woollywhite »

rigger wrote:From the BBC Football site : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42075303

Leeds friendly at Rhyl abandoned after brawl

A friendly between a Leeds United Under-23 team and Welsh side Rhyl FC was abandoned in the second half after a brawl between the two sets of players.

Leeds coach Carlos Corberan reportedly took his side off the field after punches were thrown.

Video footage shared on social media shows players from both clubs tangling before the Leeds players leave the pitch.

Rhyl FC say they will carry out an internal investigation.

Of the Leeds squad at Rhyl, only forward Eoghan Stokes has played for the first team

.. and that's it.
Not much in the way of investigative journalism but I don't know if there would even be reporters at a game at that level :problem:
Our no.9 should have been able to look after himself...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
NO news is good news
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Agreed about the number 4. He's trying to take someone's head off. Should be fired the coach did the right thing in taking them off. I don't think the club will be offering their services any more in Rhyl. :crazy:

Adrian Balboa was the name of Rocky's wife wasn't it. :shifty:
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

A very upset Boro fan's rant after losing on sunday:-

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/what- ... ds-united/
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by 90 miles a hour »

MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Amitai Winehouse
@awinehouse1

Twenty five years ago Bill Fotherby picked up the phone, called Man Utd and tried to sign Denis Irwin. By the end of the day he'd sold Eric Cantona. I spoke to him about that, chasing Maradona and flying to Italy to try to bring Paul Gascoigne to #LUFC:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nited.html
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

An excerpt from a piece about Wolves. Don't think we are quite there yet do you.
Murray got a glimpse of that spirit for himself when covering the recent 4-1 win over Leeds at Molineux for Sky Sports. "I was speaking to some of the lads in the dressing room after the game that night and they were saying that the competition for places is the reason why everyone is playing at such a high level," he explains.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League