Elland Road redevelopment

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Elland Road redevelopment

Post by Davycc »

kk_white wrote:
90 miles a hour wrote:
kk_white wrote:Thanks 90...
No problem kk i started my working life on the building sites working with the Irish the best working days of my life every day we had the crack :D :D I still laugh to day the things we joked about
Hmmm, not sure you got my intent. Anyhoo, that ER redevelopment, eh?
Head - over kk
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by 90 miles a hour »

kk_white wrote:
90 miles a hour wrote:
No problem kk i started my working life on the building sites working with the Irish the best working days of my life every day we had the crack :D :D I still laugh to day the things we joked about
Sorry kk I may have miss understud your post ok
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:
kk_white wrote:
90 miles a hour wrote:
Head - over kk
Yeah, I think so Davy.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
kk white

Post by kk white »

90 miles a hour wrote:
kk_white wrote:
90 miles a hour wrote:
No problem 90. I'm a tough cookie, work in the highly charged medical engineering industry, but sometimes casual insinuations get to me. Must be my weak spot. I used generic stereotypes as a child myself, not realising what they meant. Dad/friends etc said them, so we assumed they were the norm. As Rigger alluded to in a different post, perhaps it's time we tried to refrain from using these... Love Leeds, love this forum and all it's characters, MOT to the EPL :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

No problem 90. I'm a tough cookie, work in the highly charged medical engineering industry, but sometimes casual insinuations get to me. Must be my weak spot. I used generic stereotypes as a child myself, not realising what they meant. Dad/friends etc said them, so we assumed they were the norm. As Rigger alluded to in a different post, perhaps it's time we tried to refrain from using these... Love Leeds, love this forum and all it's characters, MOT to the EPL :thumbup:
:thumbup: :clap: :clap:

I think we've all been guilty at some time, I know I have been.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Let's just stop using racial stereotyping terms even when meant to be inoffensive. Also can folk try using spellchecker or a blooming dictionary, there's been posts hurting my pedantic eyes recently ;)
kk white

Post by kk white »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Let's just stop using racial stereotyping terms even when meant to be inoffensive. Also can folk try using spellchecker or a blooming dictionary, there's been posts hurting my pedantic eyes recently ;)
A few full stops and commas wouldn't go astray either... Bloody 'ell, I'm getting picky now. Night all :wave:
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by 90 miles a hour »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Let's just stop using racial stereotyping terms even when meant to be inoffensive. Also can folk try using spellchecker or a blooming dictionary, there's been posts hurting my pedantic eyes recently ;)
So is the redevelopment job back on them :D :D :D
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Davycc wrote:
:thumbup: :clap: :clap:

I think we've all been guilty at some time, I know I have been.
To Be Irish is to be able to dish it out and take it back when its given, We are good at it with other Irish folk but we do get a little sensitive when others do it, i know i do. Its all good though because on here no matter the color, the creed religion or lack of religion we are the big family of LUFC and that can't be broken even when we have our differences.

As for the stadium development i would be with most here on redeveloping the West stand to make the capacity to about 55-60K and for those that don't remember the days when we were in the premiership and gunning for European places each season people used to be moaning that they couldn't get tickets for games they were all full. That is our future and a higher capacity will be filled unless we happen to fall back down.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

The capacity was just over 40k in the good old PL days, and has been said on popular games it would fill to capacity. The problem with small redevelopment is leaving the pitch where it is means the South stand has limited expansion potential. Wasn't there plans to turn the pitch 90deg to allow redevelopment of 3 sides?