Disappointed with some of our fans' attitude ..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Disappointed with some of our fans' attitude ..

Post by Deleted User 728 »

.. towards women, or rather one woman in particular : Emma Jones, the LUTV presenter.

I fully accept that she's on the channel to attract a certain type of viewer and as pure click-bait for the club's social media outlets, but I'm getting a bit sick of the constant barrage of "hilarious" banter-type posts with pictures of her and "witty" captions beneath.

We're better than that, aren't we ??

Also, the whole "Nobody likes us, we don't care" thing gets on my nerves too.
I much preferred it when Dolly's Babies were everyone's second favourite team and a natural successor to Keegan's Newcastle in being the entertainment kings both at home and in Europe.

Those fans participating are no better than Millwall IMHO.

How can we castigate them for the Turkey chants and pitch invasions when some of our own are equally prejudiced, but in a different way ?

We've always been an innovative club, from Revie changing the kit, from the world's first modern kit deal with Admiral, the names on the tracksuits, the sock tags, through being the first English club to send stewards to away games and right up to the current campaign, Marching OUT Together, supporting LGBT fans and players in football.

We should be better than that.
I don't know how long she's been employed by the channel as I don't subscribe but I can't help thinking that we could've hired Sue Smith to front LUTV, especially given she's an ex-player of Leeds Ladies and a fine broadcaster in her own right.

I realise this may well be a reaction to working with a bunch of neanderthals at my current workplace (UPS) but it just grates after a while ..
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Disappointed with some of our fans' attitude ..

Post by Davycc »

Have I missed something mate, I do know the girl you're referring to but honestly haven't seen any pictures of even heard her mentioned on her ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Facebook.

There's a few fans groups and individuals posting the stuff.

I think I'm also extremely weary of that site too, to be honest.
If I didn't have family abroad and use it for professional purposes, I think I'd probably have left by now.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

There's certain chants I just don't like especially the Saville one where there's bound to be fans who's families were affected by this monster, yet we make him out to be some kinda hero. We get furious with any Turkey chants, rightly so but happily give voice to anything that's happened elsewhere, double standards in my opinion. We have in my opinion the best fans anywhere but there's times I just have to give my head a shake.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

NottinghamWhite wrote:There's certain chants I just don't like especially the Saville one where there's bound to be fans who's families were affected by this monster, yet we make him out to be some kinda hero. We get furious with any Turkey chants, rightly so but happily give voice to anything that's happened elsewhere, double standards in my opinion. We have in my opinion the best fans anywhere but there's times I just have to give my head a shake.
I hear ya ..

Every club thinks they have the best fans, but in terms of numbers and noise, especially away, we do. End of.
Which is why I wish we could present ourselves better online.

I love the Scottish fans' ethos, either when supporting club or country abroad. They just want to have fun and make new friends.
I've witnessed it first hand travelling with Celtic to Milan and it was wonderful, from being accepted myself (as an Englishman and a Leeds fan) and seeing them embrace - literally in some cases - the Milanese as brothers across Europe.

I think I'm just sick of hatred and prejudice, full stop.
Especially on a day when Sampson's walked from the England job. Why would he do that if he wasn't guilty of racism, sexism, bullying or all three ?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Facebook.

There's a few fans groups and individuals posting the stuff.

I think I'm also extremely weary of that site too, to be honest.
If I didn't have family abroad and use it for professional purposes, I think I'd probably have left by now.
Ahh sorry, I thought you meant on here somewhere. As for Facebake I have an account that was set up years ago but I never use it (funny enough I did look at it last night and thought why do I have this) I can understand the contact with relations as that's why I set it up in the first place. It just seems to be full of look what I'm doing stuff, I'm old school if I want my mates to know what I'm up to I'll phone them !

Don't agree with those kind of chants at all. Certainly take the P out of the oppo and their fans but do it with a bit of imagination and banter.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Davycc wrote:Certainly take the P out of the oppo and their fans but do it with a bit of imagination and banter.
Absolutely !
Gary Sprake at Liverpool, for example.

I really like it when crowds take the pee out of themselves too, like when you're four down at half-time and start singing "We're gonna win 5-4!" and that kind of thing.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Have I missed something mate, I do know the girl you're referring to but honestly haven't seen any pictures of even heard her mentioned on her ?
I've seen the odd thing on twitter, but nothing too serious, and to be fair she does seem to laugh it off to the point where the original twitter poster goes away with their tail between their legs.

Harmless fun for me, but I take Rigger's point, it can get a bit tiresome.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I hate the Savile chants but in fairness, Burnley started them off last night and our lot, somewhat sadly/idiotically etc etc, responded with the stock answer in the same tune. It will never stop, I can't defend our lot if we start the chants but certainly last night, they were 'retaliating'.

Emma's a stunner and I saw a few admiring comments on here which were possibly too admiring but inoffensive IMHO.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I love the Scottish fans' ethos, either when supporting club or country abroad. They just want to have fun and make new friends.
I've witnessed it first hand travelling with Celtic to Milan and it was wonderful, from being accepted myself (as an Englishman and a Leeds fan) and seeing them embrace - literally in some cases - the Milanese as brothers across Europe.
True, also get yerself along to a Norn Iorn game and get in with the best supporters there are. Have a look at the terrible ending to opposing fans getting wound up

KUDOS to the Polish fans too :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders